I've read abit about sleek audio.. apparently pretty good and it's cool too. You can actually "EQ" the monitor itself by replacing some filters in the phones itself.

Sounds interesting, i will check it out.

of course the issue would then be the easy "losability" of those many small parts.. esp on the go..

Read about it already, but i dun think they will produce the kind of sound like the shure, westone or ue

I don't think they're really monitors.. more like stereophile earphones? I'm not very sure.. monitoring purposes would want as flat a response as possible right..

I don't think they're really monitors.. more like stereophile earphones? I'm not very sure.. monitoring purposes would want as flat a response as possible right..

Got this of wiki

"One of the key benefits is the fact that the performer's ears can be protected from high Sound pressure Levels that exist on a concert stage. Of course, if they turn up the volume of their monitors too much, this benefit is defeated. The other benefit of the noise reduction offered by the monitors is that the performers only hear what is added to their mix, providing a higher level of clarity."

ha isn't that what i meant in layman terms? haha oops

did not get wat u mean by flat :P

thought u were talking about the sound coming out of the IEMs which is not true.

like some IEM companies put bumps in certain freq to boost like mids or bass.. but real monitoring purposes or studio recording purposes would need like a totally flat EQ no?

that's what I meant.. like the sound is AS IT IS... heh

like some IEM companies put bumps in certain freq to boost like mids or bass.. but real monitoring purposes or studio recording purposes would need like a totally flat EQ no?

that's what I meant.. like the sound is AS IT IS... heh

ok... but its funny that all the popular brands are called IEMs but they dun sound flat... :cans:

I guess they're trying to bridge the gaps between pro musicians and audiophile listeners...

if it were just pros the market would be alot smaller..

Guest dragonboy

It'll be good if westone 3 is out soon since stereo is offering a trade-in for all westone earphones regardless of where u buy from & condition. About time to get some new toys liao.