Guest dragonboy

But with this kind of delay, I'll begin to worry about the quality of the product :(

The delay may mean that they're trying to perfect it before releasing. At least they're ethical enough to sell something only when it is good enough & not trying to make a fast buck.

The delay may mean that they're trying to perfect it before releasing. At least they're ethical enough to sell something only when it is good enough & not trying to make a fast buck.

Hmm ... we dunno if this is really the case.

Anyway, i wait until sian liao.

I need recommendation to upgrade from my UM1. Budget $500 :P

Edited by artemov

I just do it, upgrade to UM2. Lots of people have mixed feeling for UM2. I listen to jazz vocal, classical music. In summary "Just Do It"!!!

If you like UM1, UM2 can do more in low, mid and high frequency!!!

I just do it, upgrade to UM2. Lots of people have mixed feeling for UM2. I listen to jazz vocal, classical music. In summary "Just Do It"!!!

If you like UM1, UM2 can do more in low, mid and high frequency!!!

I listen to classical music too, mostly piano, with some vocal and pop/rock as well.

UM2 is a good choice? Any other recommendation?

I had such high hopes for UM3, with its triple driver. Sigh ....

Edited by artemov

Guest dragonboy

There's a MO on classified for UM-2. But price not really attractive. Both stereo & jaben is already selling at SGD $430 inclusive of their direct one-one exchange. Plus wilson throwing in some free stuff and stereo throwing in a free westone weather-proof case worth $79. Not really worth the hassle of buying through this MO. :bash:

I used to be a hardcore audiophile back in the 90's. My last set of power amp include WE300B, AudioNote M1 pre-amp & lowther speaker.

IMHO, UM1 is like Rogers LS35B, you know what I mean if you are into vocal. It may lack bass, but when the vocal sounds, it compensates everything!

UM2 is a improved LS35B, if such a speaker does exists!?!?! When Martha Argerich plays Chopin Polonaise in A flat Opus 39, I really feels I'm in "heaven".....

Sorry, I don't really knows any brand of IEM.

I listen to classical music too, mostly piano, with some vocal and pop/rock as well.

UM2 is a good choice? Any other recommendation?

I had such high hopes for UM3, with its triple driver. Sigh ....

you could always try the shure the se420 is a double driver or the se530 which is also a triple driver

you could try the triplefi too by ultimate ears.. although I've no idea how much those cost =)

Haha.. here in a westone 3 tread and we are recommending other brands :P

No choice also ... take so long to come out. I've been using UM2 for ever liao, waiting and waiting for the Westone 3 'cos nothing else I want to upgrade to. At least those of you who started off with UM1 can still go for UM2 now :blink::)):cans:

No choice also ... take so long to come out. I've been using UM2 for ever liao, waiting and waiting for the Westone 3 'cos nothing else I want to upgrade to. At least those of you who started off with UM1 can still go for UM2 now :blink::)):cans:

or you could try cans... they have a total different kind of sound compare to IEMs

I don't have much use for cans to be honest as most of my listening are done on the go. I've been looking for a pair of comfy cans for the office for a long long time liao, but haven't really settled on any either.

I've read abit about sleek audio.. apparently pretty good and it's cool too. You can actually "EQ" the monitor itself by replacing some filters in the phones itself.