Sign in to follow this  
Phenic

My DIY Cables

I was bored and got tempted looking at all the fancy DIY cables on head-fi so I decided to try to make my own cables.

Results,

IPB Image

All are terminated with 3.5mm Neutrik plugs (except for brass cheapos as they were my first try). The 3-braided silver cable is from HGA and the others are Canare star quads. :) All stuff was bought from LHS(SLT) and Avit(SLS).

I tried making a 3.5mm Canare F-12 to Lok RCA but my gawd the Canare is though to solder so I kinda gave up for now.

Guest dragonboy

Bought the Ultimate Link Silver Reference-i from SE aron at $139..... Still very happy with it. But maybe you can try to make one at half that price. :rclxms:

Let me know when u have something like that. :party:

Nicely done! 1 thing I couldn't get done is the techflex that's always fraying out on 1 end on me... <_ any tips>

I read somewhere that after cutting techflex, you need to burn the cut end slightly to prevent fraying.

I read somewhere that after cutting techflex, you need to burn the cut end slightly to prevent fraying.

Thanks! Just tried it... it works! :yes:

i've bought some gold cable interconnects, really like the sound, it's somewhere in between the two.

could I ask, where did you get the wires from?