Dio

Headphones vs IEMs

nothing new except I tried the i-qube as well... sounds gd but the weight and size turn me off...

Guest dragonboy

nothing new except I tried the i-qube as well... sounds gd but the weight and size turn me off...

Unfortunately there isn't not much of a choice for an amp to perform like that.... Size, weight & price you'll all forget.

Unfortunately there isn't not much of a choice for an amp to perform like that.... Size, weight & price you'll all forget.

Hard to forget the size if u are carrying in your hand. it feels like I am carrying a PDA

How does the hd650 sound on the D2. I am also using a D2. Planning to use the headphones only when at home.. think it will be very troublesome to carry a set of cans around... especially when my job require me to travel around alot

You don't need a pair of closed cans for home use (or maybe you do if your home environment is noisy).

A very good all-rounder is the the AKG K701 or a Grado RS-1/RS-2 (you really should use these high end headphones with an amp). Upgrade your source something that encodes in lossless format. On an iPod (Apple Lossless) thru a line out to a matching amp to headphones should be the way to go.

You don't need a pair of closed cans for home use (or maybe you do if your home environment is noisy).

A very good all-rounder is the the AKG K701 or a Grado RS-1/RS-2 (you really should use these high end headphones with an amp). Upgrade your source something that encodes in lossless format. On an iPod (Apple Lossless) thru a line out to a matching amp to headphones should be the way to go.

I am currently using the cowon D2 with flac files and a toma (planning to change to the pico). I have tried the K701 but find that it sounds a bit empty (maybe bcos I am used to IEMs). The sound is very distant.

fubar is another brand of amps and Dac but i think not at stereo...

I dun suppose that its a portable?

Hey Dio,

Think personally if you are looking for $200 upwards range of headphones, you may need to spend some on a portable amp. If not, there won't be much difference in the sound quality between a more expensive cans and cheaper ones. You may end up paying only for comestics reasons for the cans..

Hey Dio,

Think personally if you are looking for $200 upwards range of headphones, you may need to spend some on a portable amp. If not, there won't be much difference in the sound quality between a more expensive cans and cheaper ones. You may end up paying only for comestics reasons for the cans..

I am already using the toma. so looking around for a pair of cans that work well with them... but considering to change to the pico :P