Sign in to follow this  
angyongshen

is tomahawk really the holy grail for portable iems?

Hi All,

would appreciate inputs from anyone as i am still new to this music scene. Reason being, i have read some reviews on amps and they seem to compare it with tomahawk most of the time. Just wondering is it just a benchmark or is it one of the better ones. *(if price is not the issue here)

Probably due to its size and battery life that makes it ideal for portables. With regards to SQ, think there are more amps that beat it.

Probably due to its size and battery life that makes it ideal for portables. With regards to SQ, think there are more amps that beat it.

pardon my noobyness, care to share any that are better then tomahawk. best if there is price tag to it as well. don't compare it with desktop amps.

Music listened to is mostly vocal, jazz. So more clarity is key.

Thanks in advance to all for inputs.

Edited by angyongshen

Guest dragonboy

Maybe you may want to check out the HOME EQUIPMENT SECTION ... headamp PICO thread. I-QUBE still my best choice for any amp at $1000. :party:

Edited by dragonboy

Maybe you may want to check out the HOME EQUIPMENT SECTION ... headamp PICO thread. I-QUBE still my best choice for any amp at $1000. :party:

Thats provided he has the budget.

I auditioned most available portable amps in Singapore and prefer the Headamp AE-2 over all of them. That's my personal opinion off course. If you really want a holy grail go for the Diablo. There's only a 2 year waiting period and you can sell your blood during that time to pay for it. But seriously, the AE-2 has a more quiet, laid back signature then the Tomahawk, which makes it my preference. If you want more dynamics go for the Tomahawk or the Hornet.

Edited by Singapura

Guest dragonboy

Hi All,

would appreciate inputs from anyone as i am still new to this music scene. Reason being, i have read some reviews on amps and they seem to compare it with tomahawk most of the time. Just wondering is it just a benchmark or is it one of the better ones. *(if price is not the issue here)

As stated.... price is not the issue here.

Hi All,

i would say Lisa or i-qube. but since Lisa is more of a transportable than portable, i-qube would be the gandalf.

i would say Lisa or i-qube. but since Lisa is more of a transportable than portable, i-qube would be the gandalf.

Lisa... that is one hugh portable... lol.

dun think u can call it portable

To each his/her own. There's always a higher mountain to scale, buy what you like to listen and not what's hotly discussed in forums =P

I have a Tomahawk, what I like is the size but not the price. Pico seems nice but again horrible price. Do you really need such expensive portable amps ?

Enjoy your music and not chase upgrades/trends...

Edited by bish0p