ablaze

Tubes

I think my X-cans have been on for almost a week or more now. so for fun, I turned it off, let it cool down. then played the same track I was listening to before I turned them off. *poof* all the bass was gone! it was all thin-sounding and the huge bass I remembered from this one particular track was gone! ohmy.gif

now I'm wondering how long exactly tubes should be left on before they reach their "best" sound..days..weeks..months..YEARS? blink.gif hehe..tubes are funny things happy.gif

I didn't quite understand your post:

1. Did you just left them on without any music when not listening during that week.

2. I'm assuming after you let it cool down, you powered them back up again. Was there any warm up done before listening or you listened straight away?

1. its been on, music playing intermittently. ie its in use everyday on and off

2. no, I listened immediately. I was just posting my first experience with the "tube warm up" phenomenon thats all happy.gif

and I thought you are supposed to at least let it "run/warm" up for at least half an hour or so. Did the bass fill in as you listened longer?

Oh. Tubes amps in general need about 1 hour to sound optimal but you can listen to it afer 10-15 min of warm up for the tubes to become stable..

But what you're describing is strange...very strange.

So am I correct to say now after warm up the bass is back?

I didn't mean to imply that something was wrong. anyway, yeah, it sounds better after its on for a while yes.gif bass just seems to slowly get deeper and tighter