Sign in to follow this  
Guest kerss

best headphones to buy?

What is the best headphones (the ones that covers your whole ear) to buy with SGD$160 in Singapore???

Btw im new here...

In your price range, try Audio Technica M50. It is my favorite headphone for price range below SGD 300.-.

Want to write small review about it since a few months back, but didn't find the time :(

I would say, for the sound and price, audio technica ATH-M50 is in the 'die die must try' category :))

FYI, the ATH-M50 comes with coiled cable, the ATH-M50s comes with straight cable.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphon...be4d/index.html

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ATHM50

Edited by bpribadi

that's a monitor headphone lei...

That's true, monitor headphone is designed to be durable, and comfortable, with good frequency response.

Try it, you will love it. I compared with Grado RS-1 that cost many times M50, and I still prefer the sound of M50, especially the big and beautiful bass of M50. :))

ATH-M50 is a die2 must try headphones :P

but, the respond of a monitor headphone is flat. I mean, it dun really give any detail of strong bass/ treble right? Cause in a recording studio, you need a neutral headphone...

but, the respond of a monitor headphone is flat. I mean, it dun really give any detail of strong bass/ treble right? Cause in a recording studio, you need a neutral headphone...

A lot depends on the other equipment. I am also supporter of the ATH M50, in fact, pribadi is the one who recommended it to me. On some source/amp combo, the phone does not sound revealing enough but on others, it's a killer.

In hifi, the important thing is to trust your ears and not others who give you advice. Go try it.

i agreed with you last statement by trust my ear...haha...thanks dude, any place to try it?

Got mine from Hung Brothers, from Douglas. He is good to deal with, patient and let you try before buy.

Grado SR80. best buy n within your budget.

Have used it for almost 2 years, still sound great. superb bass, treble, soundstage. easily driven.

BTW, my head is small, so Beyer, audio technica, sienheiseer are out. I find that SR80 outperform any headphone in the price range of even 1 thousand dollars. bold statement huh?

well hello.im new here sorry to hijack the tread

where can i find the Alessandro ms-1?and what's the price?

looks like a good headphone

Edited by fadille

Guest dragonboy

well hello.im new here sorry to hijack the tread

where can i find the Alessandro ms-1?and what's the price?

looks like a good headphone

Think saw at stereo abt $150 or $160.... To confirm, u better go down to check anyway they allow demo. Who knows, you might walk out with a different headphone. :grin: