heady

Watch out for new DIY DAC

Oh! I'm interested in THAT! Been looking around for USB DAC to use with my laptop. Hopefully, Alvin will be doing these too!

lols :lol:

USB Interface: PCM2704

Main DA Converter: PCM1794, 24Bit, 192Khz

Woftson DAC is interesting :grin:

I will also be interested in this dac and also the "no-compromise, non-portable, no-expenses spared DAC with differential outputs". Hope this portable version serves as a good training gnd before amb starts on the ultimate version.

wa, $35USD (shipping not included) for a pair of faceplate's pretty steep, maybe can ask AMB for the dimensions. Then we could do something like we did for the Mini3 the last time. Probably at $SGD35 :P

wa, $35USD (shipping not included) for a pair of faceplate's pretty steep, maybe can ask AMB for the dimensions. Then we could do something like we did for the Mini3 the last time. Probably at $SGD35 :P

Ya, that's what keeping me from joining the MO for the faceplate..... so ex!

Ya, that's what keeping me from joining the MO for the faceplate..... so ex!

Ya agree...the Mini3 face plate is still selling USD40/pair..so I'm not surprised with the USD35 for the DAC :grin:

Ya agree...the Mini3 face plate is still selling USD40/pair..so I'm not surprised with the USD35 for the DAC :grin:

Thought AMB's current Mini3 plates are fab-to-order, which would explain the high price. I expected the y1's initial price to be much lower.. So now - order with the GB, or wait for the local? :cry:

Well..your money and preference :grin:

Like heady like to say - we are low budget DIY hobbyist (something like this la) so I am definitely going for the cheaper source...partly due to the fact that I already spent some $ on MiniMax enclosure :no: