Sign in to follow this  
ical

Portable amp for Shure SE530?

I just bought the Shure SE530 recently? Planning to upgrading to a better amp than ibasso T2 that come free with the purchase. Presently I find it sound slightly too warm. Anyone has any recommendation? Happened to saw the i-Qube which look good but yet to hear it. Btw, my source is a iPod 5.5.

Edited by ical

Go for a high quality amp because the SE530's are very detailed. I use an Headamp AE2 for my E500's after trying various other ones (including the iBasso).

Whats your budget? What do you usually listen to?

I don't really have a fixed budget. Looking for one that can last me quite some time before upgrade bug bite.

I listening to all kind of music but more toward Jazz.

I don't really have a fixed budget. Looking for one that can last me quite some time before upgrade bug bite.

I listening to all kind of music but more toward Jazz.

Well, you can give the 2 currently available top end amps a try. iQube at SE or the Predator at Jaben. Both have some stunning reviews. I've not tried the iQube but the Predator has got an awesome headstage.

Couple of others you can try are the Corda 2Move, Headamp AE-2, Voyager. These are the mid-range ones and for the low end ones you can try the iBasso D2 Boa (or wait for the D3 Python). You might also want to consider the Mini^3 (look for alvin1118 for audition), its really cheap but sounds fantastic.

But ultimately, it'll be up to you. Get one which makes you go WOW! not the one that costs the most.

You can read up on some reviews here.

Guest dragonboy

i am hearing a WOW out of my se310 with predator... hope this helps.

tried the SE-530 with the Predator and tomahawk but felt that the bass was too over bloated and muddy. If you like detail with natural presentation of instruments + a well-layered soundstage, you shouldn't miss the I-qube. Nothing out there sound like this fabulous piece of masterpiece.

The AE-2 has tighter bass and sounds more relaxed then the predator. The i-Qube is still brighter and faster. Both are high-end amps. Just audition them and make your choice :)

The AE-2 has tighter bass and sounds more relaxed then the predator. The i-Qube is still brighter and faster. Both are high-end amps. Just audition them and make your choice :)

What's the list price now for AE-2 and Predator?

Not sure about the AE-2 but the Predator is $800 or so.

Wow, didn't know that the price of Predator is higher than i-Qube. Seem like i-Qube is the one to go for me based on it's characteristic.