Sign in to follow this  
alamakazam

Where or what to get for wire for connection inside amp?

those bare solid wire inside amp, I want to connect from point to point

what should I get? or how do I call them?

or where can easily buy without any trouble?

LHS ask robert ?

Just saw today at Koba, they have solid core copper with silver plate or pure silver solid core.

Just saw today at Koba, they have solid core copper with silver plate or pure silver solid core.

koba where ar?

Koba Electronics (S) Pte Ltd

101 Upper Cross Street

#03-06 PEOPLE'S PARK CENTRE Singapore 058357

Tel/Hp : 65331672

Fax : 65324401

Edited by alamakazam

Yup, just bought some last week too. DIY pure silver i/c really beats buying a pure silver i/c anytime.

1 metre how much?

silver or copper? I prefer it warmer , so copper?

Edited by alamakazam

mouz..those on the floor or those kept inside :lust:

Saw some silver cables on the floor and wanted to buy some but don't know easy to solder or not. :think:

Ended up bought some copper cable made in UK..not sure what grade ..just buy cause not much time to check.... :thumbup:

Edited by adn6244

I got those silver plated copper ones. Frankly speaking, like not much diff with my friend's crossroad pure silver i/c leh.

Word of advise, try not to get too thick a cable. It's a b*tch to braid if they're too stiff. Too bad koba doesn't have any very skinny ones that are easy to braid at the moment. BTW, if you guys manage to get CAT6(not cat5E) ethernet cable, try making interconnects with them. Could be worth a try and if performance wise is on par with silver, this alternative could save us a bit more money :)

Difference between cat5e and cat6

haha...the crossroad i/c *again ^^"

Ahfart Audio sell thin thin silver + gold wire according to my fren :) can try getting from them, price quite OK too.

I got those silver plated copper ones. Frankly speaking, like not much diff with my friend's crossroad pure silver i/c leh.

Word of advise, try not to get too thick a cable. It's a b*tch to braid if they're too stiff. Too bad koba doesn't have any very skinny ones that are easy to braid at the moment. BTW, if you guys manage to get CAT6(not cat5E) ethernet cable, try making interconnects with them. Could be worth a try and if performance wise is on par with silver, this alternative could save us a bit more money :)

Difference between cat5e and cat6

mouz,

Hope you won't mind my comment re: Cat 5 and Cat6. The link is talking about using the cat6 cable for its original purpose, ie networking. If we unwind the wires inside the cable and then use just three. Ie. Left channel, right channel and ground wires and braid them, the things talked about in the article does not hold any more, as we are not using the whole cat 6 cable but three wires only, as a braided triad. Then the electrical characteristics, such as capacitance and inductance will be different.

But it's a good idea, to use the solid core copper wires for interconnect.

Regards