Sign in to follow this  
mychew

Personal view of the X-cans v1

mychew, u beat me to it when i ask mackie whether has he sold off his x-can with the intention of having a home audition. but he said u bought it, so i couldnt audition it more. tongue.gif

Barradio, are u talking about lengcm's v2? i asked him about home auditioning but he doesnt allow it. happy.gif

OT: lengcm ygpm

OT: Sipher, I think he would allow audition if u r seriously interested in it..last time lengcm offers me to audition his x-cans v2...u could ask him about it...

no experience with cmoy...tongue.gif.. but i tried the original x-cans v1...it's much more brighter than tube-rolled x-cans v1...

OT: mychew, i did asked lengcm about home audition but he said he will let me audition at his place for as long as i want

i c..that's good...after all his x-cans is v2 and tube-rolled plus caps changed...should give it a try...x-cans really good at sucking my hard-earned money tongue.gif

mychew, you're gone case...

now that you've stepped into the first realm of tube..

you can't go back..

RKV is waiting for you yeah.gif

lol...yeah...i really love tube amp very much...although they said that x-cans v1 is not a real tube amp..but it did have tube sound...and i like how it sounds to me...i started to love tube amp pretty much now tongue.gif

but money...please come to my side..i need u all when i upgrade lol.giflol.giflol.gif

I want to hear it again

the last time I thought it's good but bright. Let me see how it fares against my ha-1 happy.gif

Blues, if U're referring to your session at my place, the tubes weren't rolled with Mullards then. This could explain the brightness.

now it's warm after tube-rolled....i can testify it tongue.gif coz i listen to original x-cans v1 not long ago...i duno whether u still remember the sound of Mackie's v1 or not...i also duno the time u listen to it Mackie had change the tube or not too...maybe Mackie can explain to u...where r u Mackie? i'm sure u would hear the differences wink.gif

mackie: oooh no wonder it was quite bright.

i need something warm to partner with future... ehm rolleyes.gif

otherwise my ear will split sleep.gif

Blues: That's why tube fans are abundant in this community....choose the right tubes for one's sonic preference while retaining the common signature of warm mids no matter what the replacements are.

but I have phobia with tubes..

whenever I see tube it reminds me of some 'psycho scientific experiment' wacko.gifwacko.gif

ugh maybe I should buy tube amp which covers the tube.. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Blues