Sign in to follow this  
hdrcorp

Portable Headphone Recomendation Please

Hi, does anyone have any reviews on the Sennheiser PX200 or the HD25-1 II? I'm looking for something more portable and low maintenance than the ES7. The ES7 is really uncomfortable to hang around the neck plus difficult to keep your fingerprints off the mirror.

IPB Image

Edited by hdrcorp

Guest dragonboy

Hi, does anyone have any reviews on the Sennheiser PX200 or the HD25-1 II? I'm looking for something more portable and low maintenance than the ES7. The ES7 is really uncomfortable to hang around the neck plus difficult to keep your fingerprints off the mirror.

IPB Image

Don't worry about reviews. Go to a place that stock both and allow demo. Let your ears do the judgement. :cans:

Guest dragonboy

Yea I guess that's the only way to go. Heading to Studio later today. Hope have more time to test these than the ES7 and ESW9.

I think you must be referring to stereo? :grin:

Yup you are right. Thank you very much for the correction. It's Stereo not studio. Please forgive me for my error.

Went to STEREO to test the PX200 the other day. Too many ppl so can't really try the rest.

well, i think the PX 200 is kind of good bass as compare to ES 7!

PX 200 is more of neutral and smoothing with clear bass articulating. But ES 7 is dam annoying when you use for a long time! Cause of the high treble.

hi, i use the PX200 at home from my desktop. bass has impact and not as boomy as the PX100 (which i have also). isolation is still not good for me though, and i can't wear it for too long because it gets uncomfortable pressing down on my glasses at the sides.

i tried the ESW9 for half an hour at yodobashi and it felt much better than the PX200 comfort-wise. and i love love the sound. but price difference between the PX200 and ESW9 is also quite substantial ...

Guest dragonboy

Something not too over-kill......NEW ATH-ES55!!! Saw at stereo yesterday.

IPB Image

agree with hdrcorp on he comfort of ES7. I can live with the finger print on the protector but it's not very comfortable hanging around the neck and after listening it for more than 30 minutes. Not the heat but the sponge is some how not fitting my ears (or is it the other way round? wondering if changing to a bigger ear pad is possible)

Isolation isn't good enough to keep the MRT noise or people noise out...still not getting use to it after using the in ear type for too long.

Other than ANC7, any other noise cancelling headphone around with budget below $300?

I saw goldring ear/headphone at adelphi but no idea how much and how good is it...but it's open type though.

Guest dragonboy

agree with hdrcorp on he comfort of ES7. I can live with the finger print on the protector but it's not very comfortable hanging around the neck and after listening it for more than 30 minutes. Not the heat but the sponge is some how not fitting my ears (or is it the other way round? wondering if changing to a bigger ear pad is possible)

Isolation isn't good enough to keep the MRT noise or people noise out...still not getting use to it after using the in ear type for too long.

Other than ANC7, any other noise cancelling headphone around with budget below $300?

I saw goldring ear/headphone at adelphi but no idea how much and how good is it...but it's open type though.

Anything that's open will leak like a b*tch. Other than ANC7 you can also try the Goldring NS1000, sounds much more warmer & mellow than the ANC7.

IPB Image

NS1000 Headphones Features

ANR (Active Noise Reduction) technology

Ultra-comfortable ear cushions ideal for extended listening

Protective durable travel case

Advanced neodymium magnet drivers deliver exceptional hi-fidelity performance

Closed back design reduces sound leakage

Detachable, single sided 1.8m cable, designed by Britain's leading hi fi cable manufacturer, QED

Pack includes aeroplane adaptor and battery

Gold plated 3.5mm stereo jack, with 6.3mm adaptor

I think it's around $400, slightly off your budget.

Edited by dragonboy

Anything that's open will leak like a b*tch. Other than ANC7 you can also try the Goldring NS1000, sounds much more warmer & mellow than the ANC7.

IPB Image

I think it's around $400, slightly off your budget.

Time to make a trip to Stereo :smoke: Saw someone posted a classified add for $250 to sell off a rarely used Goldring NS1000...not sure still available. :sweat:

Tried the PX200 some days back. Isolation - 0/10 no point listening to SQ. Too bad Stereo don't have a test unit for HD25-1 II. Would love to try it out.

The ES55 looks interesting too. Must go and try one day.