Sign in to follow this  
feesh

view on budget earphones?

Hi guys,

a friend of mine owns an iphone. and he's thinking of getting an earphone upgrade, but with a tight budget in mind. i recommended a pair of mylars. but for a budget of around $100, what do your guys think?

i was also eyeing the koss sparkplugs, but i havent been able to find much reviews on them. anyone's got experience with them?

or should he go with 2nd hand IEMs? like the shure scl2 or UE metro-fi for instance?

or since he's not an avid listener, should he just go for mainstream products? like sony/panasonic in ears?

thanks in advance all.

well, using those earphone from sony, panasonic or creative shld be more then enough for him to play with him.

IMO, if he is not as "fierce" as some of us, something simple which can transmit signal from the mp3 to their ear can alr. No need to ask for much.

There's a limit we willing to for.

okay. i poisoned my friend with the UM1. i say, lets welcome another soul to the audiophile community. hahah

Wa the UM-1 is one of the most upgrade prone IEMs :grin:

Fortunately my first IEM was the ER-4 and IEMs never tempted me again.

and in poisoning him, i myself got a pair of UM1 hahaha. i cant believe the detail i'm getting from these tiny lil things. portable music will never be the same again. haha.

*friend just deleted all non-320-kbps mp3s from playlist hahaha*

Yup! I recall when earbuds where in style. Wow! How long ago? 80ish?

But earbuds are good in their own right. I have to remind myself that I also own a headphone that is 15 years old but still in working condition. Hope I didn't any earbud users. Just joking.

Guest Hottopic

Yup.... very good earbuds.... those who had used them all these years always tell their age. :grin:

35 --- 45. :grin::grin:

haha. .that is true! These phones are kind of old school

But e888 won't fit in small ears! It is just too big (bigger drive..haha)