ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

If you manage to find a pair in future, I can help you out.

Actually I can't believe that I actually converted to Grado and own two of their reference cans in such a short period of time (less than 2 week!). There's some magic about them that can't be describe in words. It like tube amp, imperfection but yet so much emotion in vocal. You can heard the timbre of a guitar and the string of double bass. Everything just seem so organic and right.

Thinking about it, I've to blame and thanks Uber after listened and poison by his RS1 when he sent to me for burning in previously. Those who have never heard a Grado, you should really try it. It might not be a cans that impress you on your first audition, it's one that grow in you after sometime. Now I understand why there's so many followers after all these years. Musical is everything.

Edited by ical

EAR HP-4 is calling (bring me home, bring me home.... :party::party: )

Grado don't need such a highend amp to preform lah. Yama is more than enough. What are you waiting for? :grin:

Edited by ical

Grado don't need such a highend amp to preform lah. Yama is more than enough. What are you waiting for? :grin:

Kidult's waiting for the PS1000! :grin:

Actually I can't believe that I actually converted to Grado and own two of their reference cans in such a short period of time (less than 2 week!). There's some magic about them that can't be describe in words. It like tube amp, imperfection but yet so much emotion in vocal. You can heard the timbre of a guitar and the string of double bass. Everything just seem so organic and right.

Thinking about it, I've to blame and thanks Uber :bash: after listened and poison by his RS1 when he sent to me for burning in previously. Those who have never heard a Grado, you should really try it. It might not be a cans that impress you on your first audition, it's one that grow in you after sometime. Now I understand why there's so many followers after all these years. Musical is everything. :thumbup:

Thanks for the offer man, I really appreciate it. The real problem, however, is finding one in good condition (expensive and rare). The better the condition, the rarer it is, and naturally more expensive. I saw one Vintage S RS1 sell for 1525USD. :rclxub:

How you describe Grado is exactly what I like about it. Objectively, it's not neutral, not very accurate, soundstage not that fantastic (for RS1) but it just comes together to be very fun. :yes:

Now you know why I kept asking you for acoustic recommendations. I keep playing Rodrigo Y Gabriela every time I don't know what album to choose. :P

Thinking about it, I've to blame and thanks Uber after listened and poison by his RS1 when he sent to me for burning in previously. Those who have never heard a Grado, you should really try it. It might not be a cans that impress you on your first audition, it's one that grow in you after sometime. Now I understand why there's so many followers after all these years. Musical is everything.

x2

Aron, I think you need to order a few more PS1000. Seem like quite a number are interested. :grin:

How much are they???

How much are they???

maybe cheaper or the same as your Jade :grin:

maybe cheaper or the same as your Jade :grin:

Hmmmm.... tempting...

I assume they are easy to drive like the other regular Grados??

Most Grado cans are very easy to drive so I believe PS1000 will be the same too. Just try my RS1 through iPod, still sound great. Worth consider.

Edited by ical