ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Waah I'm still at limbo on whether to go for my coveted RS1 or get the GS1000. hayz, have to wait till i get back to try your rigs. ='/

GS1000 will suit you more since you're a bass lover. :party:

Edited by ical

Oh before I forget. Audio equipment is still different from monetary value. If she knew how much my stuff cost thats another story altogether. loL! :doh:

:b2t

Having lots of equipment is one thing. Having spent lots on those equipment is another huh? :))

One thing you have to learn my friend is "compromise" and "shared-time". She's ok w/ audio stuff as long as I still have time for her.

She must be quite the gal, lucky you.... if that's the case.

My wife, too, was very understanding when we were dating. I can go out until 3am, no problems cos' we don't stay together. But when we got married and got a place of our own...

gumble grumble... when I go out and she stay at home...

gumble grumble... when I'm in the room surfing the net and she's in the living room watching tv alone...

gumble grumble... when I'm listening to my headphones and not listening to her...

gumble grumble... when I buy new stuff... and she didn't...

So, at the end of the day, when you buy, must make sure she also gets something THAT SHE WANTS! Please don't try to pass off a new "snake" and say that it's for the rice cooker or hot water dispenser. AND also, listen to music only when she's asleep, cos' that's the only time you can finish an entire CD without fuss.

Oh oh, to add.... if you really really want to enjoy hifi? please don't have kids, if not, start only when they are grown up. Better yet, have kids that are already adults! Hmmm... always wanted to "adopt" an 18yr - 20yr old Chinese, Japanese or Spanish girl :P:P:P . I just LOVE kids that age!!!

But of course, at the end of the day, I do love my wife very much and thank her for giving me 2 beautiful children. You will need to learn to compromise a lot and spread your time with your loved ones which eventually means less and less time for hifi. But even so I'm sure you'll be happy.

Wah...this thread for showing off home rigs...has become a Marriage Counselling Forum... :grin:

errr...just don't let it be "Show off your wife" thread. :lol:

Wah...this thread for showing off home rigs...has become a Marriage Counselling Forum... :grin:

errr...just don't let it be "Show off your wife" thread. :lol:

How about "Show off little girls you want to 'adopt' " thread?? :wub::wub::wub::lust::grin::lust::grin::lust::grin::lust:

IPB Image

Ok ok sorry way OT here... pai seh pai seh...

How about "Show off little girls you want to 'adopt' " thread?? :wub::wub::wub::lust::grin::lust::grin::lust::grin::lust:

:wub: eh...can I be your adopted son in law?

Guest jacj6049

ha....when this thread become hi end grado cans club ored?haha...too bad,my is entry level,cant join...

[quote

Quartz Resonator QR-8 (from 1 box to 15)

where can i find this?and.....how much ah?

ha, ha...this is not exclusive...any cans you have, also can. :grin:

All are welcome to share...

You can get the QR8 from Audio Basic, 2nd floor Adelphi. Look for Steven.

A pack of 8 goes for $160...not sure...forgotten the price...about there.

:wub: eh...can I be your adopted son in law?

No no... this "daughter" won't be getting married :grin:

ha, ha...this is not exclusive...any cans you have, also can. :grin:

All are welcome to share...

You can get the QR8 from Audio Basic, 2nd floor Adelphi. Look for Steven.

A pack of 8 goes for $160...not sure...forgotten the price...about there.

Price increased? Wasn't it like $120 or something sometime back?

No no... this "daughter" won't be getting married :grin:

Price increased? Wasn't it like $120 or something sometime back?

You are her "Sugar Daddy" then? :bash::bash:

Yen went up. :angry:

She still not hot enough to adopt. :ppth: Throw one stone in Orchard can hit many like that.

Edited by ical

She still not hot enough to adopt. :ppth: Throw one stone in Orchard can hit many like that.

Yes, I'm not that picky. Further, its not like I got loads of money to throw. Brudder, dangerous to go Orchard and anyhow throw stone, will kenna stoned to death when they ALL throw back!!! :shocking::shocking::shocking:

Edited by jig_sg

Finally have time today to pull out the Oyaide Tunami GPX on my HT system distributor. A big workout for me to remove it from a load of cables behind the narrow gap of the the HT and hifi racks. :rclxub: Need to do a lot of stretching to able to reach it, clean and rearrange back to norm again. Took me about 2 hours to complete. :wacko:

Plug into my Yamamoto. Damn! Never know that my rig can sound so good!! :shocking: It seem to awake my rig from sleep, remove the veil that been covering it all the while. Dynamic and speed increase. Vocal sound fuller without compromising detail. Noise decrease tremendously. I can now heard the breathing in Jonathan Butler's voice and there's no hum from my tube amp when I stop or pause. Imaging improve with laying in soundstage. High smoothen and bass tighten. Highly recommended if you're looking one for your amp without breaking the bank. :thumbup:

Edited by ical

Finally have time today to pull out the Oyaide Tunami GPX on my HT system distributor. A big workout for me to remove it from a load of cables behind the narrow gap of the the HT and hifi racks. :rclxub: Need to do a lot of stretching to able to reach it, clean and rearrange back to norm again. Took me about 2 hours to complete. :wacko:

Plug into my Yamamoto. Damn! Never know that my rig can sound so good!! :shocking: It seem to awake my rig from sleep, remove the veil that been covering it all the while. Dynamic and speed increase. Vocal sound fuller without compromising detail. Noise decrease tremendously. I can now heard the breathing in Jonathan Butler's voice and there's no hum from my tube amp when I stop or pause. Imaging improve with laying in soundstage. High smoothen and bass tighten. Highly recommended if you're looking one for your amp without breaking the bank. :thumbup:

Yoda "Sith Lord iCal, poisonous you are". Hmm.. :bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

Ha, ha...looks like you have been keeping yourself busy after I left your place.

After coming back from my errand to Kovan, was rearranging my power cords again...trying out the Oyaide GPX on the distributor replacing the Audio Agile. It gives an overall fuller and punchier bass. The Oyaide GPX was on the PSU1 of the Solo, but found it unsuitable since the PSU1 has a figure 8 jack; the iec-figure 8 adapter was a bit loose and shaky, the connection was just not stable; switched back to the Oyaide PA-22ZX powercord.