ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Just thought I'd post my updated computer audio setup too :grin:

IPB Image

Bro, it look better and I believe sound better too than your Stax. :grin: Btw, nice PCU.

yup,you tested b4?not too bad man..haha

Heard a lot about it but yet to try. As mentioned by Nofing, you ready need a set of Qi Cones to hear what your amp can really do. TS Lim amp and Qi Cones goes hang in hand.

when are you getting CDP ha?? I got to prepare banner leh!! then ical need to arrange China models as well... :drool::drool::drool:

**Welcome to CDP CLUB**

:prettyprincess::prettyprincess::prettyprincess::prettyprincess::prettyprincess::prettyprincess::prettyprincess::prettyprincess::prettyprincess::prettyprincess::prettyprincess:

I don't have contact for China mei mei. You've to check with brother jig_sg :whistle:

Edited by ical

@Whenesday

Yes it's the Effective Audio Mod. Myu advice make sure tyo burn in the DacMagic firtst. It took an awfully long time. Around 100-200 hours just to get the sweet mids. I'm still running in Mine after the mod. :sweat:

@Uber

Nice Amp. I sure want to try that sometime. :thumbup:

To the Guys:

You've really been busy. So this is how it feels to be disconnected from the NET for a week. lol!. Had some issues from my ISP after moving to a new place. hayz. Hope to see you guys soon. I now see a Grado, Watch, and PC Club brewing. loL! =)

i also want qi cone,looking for one set.cannot afford to get new now i guess?haha..SADSAD

Here's a few pics of my speaker set-up in my bedroom.

Usual constraints of size and no space for speaker stands.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Recently added Soundcare Superspikes Self-Adhesive variant to help with boomy and weak bass due to speakers being on study table.

IPB Image

Highly recommend this tweak if you are facing same issues as me.

Edited by comacer

do having something to stack up the amp and cdp help to change the sound?compare to puting it on the table top without anything?like buy those 3M de stopper to bring up the amp.

1) 6C33C can be really hot. Mmmm, hope the temperature around there is not too hot otherwise i would not play for more than 3-4 hours continuously. How's the wood of that table top? Solid or particle chip or plywood? If it is of good quality, maybe still ok, not sure if softer wood will react well with hot air after long play (1- 2 years)

2) i think speaker is a bit too close to wall? if possible a little off the wall may be better.

Just a thought.

ply wood,i am asking whether doing the thing to lift up the amp or CDP,will change the sound overall?sorry to ask,i looking at qicone and other things which get me blurred.

do having something to stack up the amp and cdp help to change the sound?compare to puting it on the table top without anything?like buy those 3M de stopper to bring up the amp.

when stack up the amp & CDP do make lot of difference imo. forget about the 3M stoppers. get a set of proper footers like Qi Cones on your Diva or get something made of woods to act as footers. you will be surprised to hear those woody Chinese Chess sound better than 3m rubber stoppers.

2) i think speaker is a bit too close to wall? if possible a little off the wall may be better.

ya, i think speakers are too close to wall too. and the footers you used on speakers why 2 instead of 3 a side??

BTW, nice set up.

Edited by kidult

Here's a few pics of my speaker set-up in my bedroom.

Usual constraints of size and no space for speaker stands.

Recently added Soundcare Superspikes Self-Adhesive variant to help with boomy and weak bass due to speakers being on study table.

Highly recommend this tweak if you are facing same issues as me.

Do I see Crystal Cable ICs?? Piccolo? How are they? Good?

Bro, it look better and I believe sound better too than your Stax. :grin: Btw, nice PCU.

Heard a lot about it but yet to try. As mentioned by Nofing, you ready need a set of Qi Cones to hear what your amp can really do. TS Lim amp and Qi Cones goes hang in hand.

I don't have contact for China mei mei. You've to check with brother jig_sg :whistle:

Soli no have contact for Cheena babies... how about Viet? :grin:

Placing Amps and CDPs on these devices are actually for isolation or decoupling purposes.

CDPs utilise a laser and a spinning disc, you want as little vibration to the transport system to ensure accuracy of the datastream as the laser reads the disc.

Tubes are micrphononic due to their glass housings, thus, you also want as little vibration as possible.

A staff from X Audio mentioned to me that placing TAOC footers under tube amps have much more pronounced effects as compared to solid state amps.

1) 6C33C can be really hot. Mmmm, hope the temperature around there is not too hot otherwise i would not play for more than 3-4 hours continuously. How's the wood of that table top? Solid or particle chip or plywood? If it is of good quality, maybe still ok, not sure if softer wood will react well with hot air after long play (1- 2 years)

Just a thought.

The 6C33C tubes are really hot, they run like "nuclear reactors" as mentioned in a review.

I've been running the amp 12 hours a day to burn in, it can take it. The only risk is it being a fire hazard :D

The table top is made of particle chip, a less than ideal platform for speakers, which is why i'm using the spike footers. I'm definitely sure the table will be affected by the intense heat, let's see how Ikea products hold up in harsh conditions..

I need the space on the table to study. As such the speakers are at their optimum positions giving my limitations. Furthermore, they're front ported, so proximity to the wall is less of an issue.

when stack up the amp & CDP do make lot of difference imo. forget about the 3M stoppers. get a set of proper footers like Qi Cones on your Diva or get something made of woods to act as footers. you will be surprised to hear those woody Chinese Chess sound better than 3m rubber stoppers.

ya, i think speakers are too close to wall too. and the footers you used on speakers why 2 instead of 3 a side??

BTW, nice set up.

I use a set of 3 footers per speaker, perhaps you can only see one or two in my photos.

Your amp is beautiful.

Thanks Yun Xiang, arrange a date with me to drop by soon and have a listen! Much has changed since you last visited.

Do I see Crystal Cable ICs?? Piccolo? How are they? Good?

Soli no have contact for Cheena babies... how about Viet? :grin:

Those are Crystal Cable Micro RCAs, one up from the Piccolo series.

I read in a review that the Piccolo performs better with line level sources, e.g. pre-amp to power-amp, while the Micro is more suited for CDP to amp.

I'm a Crystal Cable fanboy, so my opinions are biased :D

Silver ICs go very well with tube amps somehow, and this pair of Micros are highly resolving, you know when a record sounds bad.

They do nothing wrong and are largely neutral, but excel in decays and airy highs.

Edited by comacer

Those are Crystal Cable Micro RCAs, one up from the Piccolo series.

I read in a review that the Piccolo performs better with line level sources, e.g. pre-amp to power-amp, while the Micro is more suited for CDP to amp.

I'm a Crystal Cable fanboy, so my opinions are biased :D

Silver ICs go very well with tube amps somehow, and this pair of Micros are highly resolving, you know when a record sounds bad.

They do nothing wrong and are largely neutral, but excel in decays and airy highs.

have you tried Crystal Cable Bridge or Siltech Zero Ohm Link ?? i'm curious on that.

mmm, ikea table is of inferior wood quality. Do consider placing somewhere else or reduce the playing time if possible.

But thinking back, if it is just replacing the table after one, two years,

maybe it is not that expensive compared to a proper hifi rack or footers :)

Priority-wise, I would suggest spending money on grounding conditioner before the footers.

I think rgc will reduce the noise floor much more than the footers for this amp. The visible advantage of the footers is to lift the amp up slightly for better ventilation.

Believe u r aware that you can change the cap from Aural Designs? But that would be another few hundred hours of burning in. I would say, Victor of Aural Designs has pretty good ears and a very helpful attitude.

;)