Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

Where buy beyer's transducer?

I come out with some idea of getting some good transducers of good headphones.

and use them , put them in cheaper casing. ( just want to try out whether it works.)

Can tell me where to find them and how much it cost.thanx.

I reckon most manufacturers would have though of your idea and perhaps restricted availability for this purpose. Afterall, it's detrimental to their business. Good luck.

beyer? I don't think you can find them..

I might be wrong though.

start a thread on head-fi.

i remember distinctly wallijonn telling me that he could ship me a pair of matched beyer transducers. he could get them for US$50.

just remember that the transducers were designed in conjunction with the chassis design. So the shape/construction/materials used of the chassis (lack of better word) has everything to do with the sound quality.

Concur with the above. Do not expect a DIY speaker box with Dynaudio drivers to match the sound of original Dynaudio speakers employing the same drivers.

Huangyong,

I believe you're thinking of making your own headphones. In that case getting the transducer from the distributors should be relatively easy. However, making the housing/cups and taking into consideration the acoustic of the housing in terms of material choice, size, vents, damping material etc would involve alot of time and money. Hence, buying a ready made headphone may be 1) cheaper 2) a lot less hassel 3) better resale value.

However, if youre doing this as a hobby then I salute you and wish you the best of british luck :-). You'll need it.

British luck.. Yeah. You'll really need it. I think it's easier getting good 32ohm speaker drivers and making retro ear-speakers ala' K1000's.

Must be a headcore DIYer to want to build headphones. tongue.gif

I don't mind selling you my DT880 transducer. The only thing is that you may have to wait a couple of weeks before I can confirm the sale. Will PM you when confirmed. I have other plans for the DT880 frame. w00t.gif

I don't mind selling you my DT880 transducer. The only thing is that you may have to wait a couple of weeks before I can confirm the sale. Will PM you when confirmed. I have other plans for the DT880 frame. w00t.gif

Are you, Rameish & I thinking of the same thing for the frame of the DT880? Hehehe.. Supplement the little cousin with the flimsy headband..

hey, you guys want to replace the dt931 headband ????

seems like big operation....

please post the pics once you finish..