blackmouth0

ATH CK 100 First impression!

Nice write up and pictures. How's the fit and wire of the ck100? The wire and ear tips looks similar to those from the ck9; and those were 2 issues I had with the ck9 that eventually led me to sell them. Couldn't get a good fit and the wire kept rubbing the back of my ear making it itch.

I've never used the CK9 so I can't tell if they are the same but as for now the fit and comfort of both the tip and wire is good.

Congrats! Any rough guide on the price?

It is among the cheaper I found on the internet.

Guest dragonboy

Sold my Etys 4p liao :rclxms:

Just bought the ATH-CK100. Any vocal lovers shouldn't miss this. It's been sometime I've not acquire any earphones since getting the ACS T1. But this is really something....... :lust:

why did u sell ur 4p?...aps recabling makes it sound much better IMO..and i think we really seem to share the same sonic preferences..judging from your earphone purchases made...lol..i got the acs t1, aps er4p, and the ck100 too...not forgetting the esw10jpn, which seems rather dark and laidback as compared to the ck100s rather forward sound...even though i think the acs t1 seems to have much better soundstaging as compared with the ck100...

but the ck100 seems to sound better TO ME...when compared to other triple drivers(excluding the tf10pro which i had no experience with whatsoever)....with the likes of the se530..with its signature rolled off highs...the westone 3s..with the overwhelming warm sound(too "fun" for my preference) and the pounding bass impact but not as much details..the ie8 with the overpowering bass but rather muffled sound which makes the details suffer...

Edited by kh_cloner_kh

Guest dragonboy

I sold the 4p coz I don't think I'll going to use it for quite sometime with my new CK100 and still on-going ACS T1. It had been lying around for quite some time after I've got hold of the T1. So better sell it off before it becomes the toy for my doggie :grin:

Yes... we have very similar musical taste.... and yes I think that the CK100 is a lot more transparent than any of the triple drivers in the market. Wonder how it sounds if the CK100 is a custom :drool:

Reading all the impression really makes me wanting to get one. :drool: Presently, SE530 which is my favorite IEM after owning IE8, W3 and etc.

Guest dragonboy

if i am not wrong the US is selling for abt 600USD

I got it at stereo for less than $600 :prettyprincess:

Reading all the impression really makes me wanting to get one. :drool: Presently, SE530 which is my favorite IEM after owning IE8, W3 and etc.

Personally, I find the Ck100 musicality better than the rest of the universal triple drivers. And it has all the factors of my consideration including, sound, comfort, looks and isolation.

-ohn' date='13 Mar 2009, 09:43 AM' post='108865']

Personally, I find the Ck100 musicality better than the rest of the universal triple drivers. And it has all the factors of my consideration including, sound, comfort, looks and isolation.

Thanks for the info. Seem like this is a must get. Hopefully it not just a hype like W3 which turn out to be a big disappointment for me. Will drop by Stereo one day to audition.

Just tried it out at Stereo. Totally agree with [J]-ohn. Very nice IEM, good details with musicality. However, some might find the bass a little too little, considering that I find it great and I use the ER-4.

What a bad time for my amp to run of batteries! I tried out the CK100 anyway just straight from the iPod and was already thoroughly impressed with it!

Anybody want to buy a set of q-JAYS? :D

Just tried it out at Stereo. Totally agree with [J]-ohn. Very nice IEM, good details with musicality. However, some might find the bass a little too little, considering that I find it great and I use the ER-4.

Based on that, I can somewhat safely say that the CK100s ain't fitting my taste hahaha. :grin:

Heya evilmerlin, long time no see!

Guest dragonboy

I would have got the CK-100 if i heard it before i brought my TF-10.

Have you tried the CK100 comparing with the TF10?