Sign in to follow this  
Eric Chia

have any1 tried caig deoxit cleaner and gold deoxit?

Hi guys,

after seeing some many new toys, i thought maybe it is good way to post and how maintain and clean yur new toys..

went to adelphi with 2 of my good friends and bought the CAIG DEOXIT cleaner liquid and GOLD DEOXIT conditioner :D

they happen to bought the same brand as mine

and it works wonderful!!!!

more details, body,dynamic and darker background soundsignature

guys u should try this and it doesnt cost an arm and leg and a simple way to clean yur connectors and cables

highly recommendable :thumbup:

i'm using Deoxit D5 contact cleaner & Deoxit Gold G100L conditioner/protector as well.

they may not be the best from the market but they are really useful to protect our system.

I have been cleaning my rig and items for some time since a friend of mine explained its importance too me and actually showed me the difrence on the spot. :shocking:

Cleaning actually removes build up of dirt or oxides that degrades any electrical connection and will degrade your rigs out put. Not to mention having aesthetically squeeky clean connections. :thumbup:

I have been using the off the shelf Electrical Contact cleaners. It works for me.

Then I tried the Caig product both the cleaner and conditioner. The difference is really something. Not only the sound opens up. Clarity gets better too. On my Amp the volume increased substantially. :shocking:

This might sound as a advertisement but I go for what Eric's doin. Sharing some inexpensive tweaks and basic info on cleaning not only the exterior of your rig but the not so noticeable connections. :unsure:

From my initial cleaning of ALL my items I think I used up only 10% of the can and soo little of the conditioner. If the duration actually follows the 6 month effectivity stated the cleaner and the conditioner will definitely last a long time. ^_^

BTW the cleaner and conditioner had a great effect for me on my Yamamoto's tubes. I nearly forgot. the price is equivalent to 11 McDonald Lunch meals. We got it on a shop at Adelphi. :yes:

Edited by jojo_b2

You bought that just after I bought my contact cleaner from Homefix... :doh:

I have the same brand of cleaner too. But bought the Electrical Contact Cleaner from SLT. loL! :blush:

philips contact cleaner. works for me everytime to remove tarnished surfaces on RCA plugs & connectors.

sidetrack a bit, where to get those rubber caps to protect unused RCA/3.5mm/S-video jacks from oxidation? hard ones i know SLT basement got carry, but prefer those rubber ones :thumbup:

I have been thru the contact cleaner tweaks like craig, VDH, Cardas, a few japanese brands and etc, yes it is a must have but paying a premium for one is no longer my choice. As long as you clean them regularly (but not too regularly, if not you might remove the plating as well.), the average contact cleaners work just as well.

philips contact cleaner. works for me everytime to remove tarnished surfaces on RCA plugs & connectors.

sidetrack a bit, where to get those rubber caps to protect unused RCA/3.5mm/S-video jacks from oxidation? hard ones i know SLT basement got carry, but prefer those rubber ones :thumbup:

The RCA cover are iEgo covers I bought from someone posting on the web. It's a fast transaction. i get the covers in 2-3 days via snail Mail! :thumbup:

http://forums.vr-zone.com/singapore-market...ctors-sale.html

Can you tell me if I can buy 3.5 mm and S-video Jack covers my Laptop is accumulating some inside even though I clean my stuff at least once a week. Well, the SG Humidity doesn't really help. :shocking:

Both together cost 11 McDonald lunches or one only? :P

There is McDonalds Promotion for a lunch 12-2pm (or is it 3 pm) for S$4.50. Just do the math. And yes its for both,The Cleaner is 4.5 lunches and the conditioner 6.5 lunches. :smoke:

-ohn' date='12 Mar 2009, 09:52 AM' post='108778']

I have been thru the contact cleaner tweaks like craig, VDH, Cardas, a few japanese brands and etc, yes it is a must have but paying a premium for one is no longer my choice. As long as you clean them regularly (but not too regularly, if not you might remove the plating as well.), the average contact cleaners work just as well.

I believe that's where the conditioner comes in. If the conditioner does what it says it can accomplish application of the contact cleaner should be between a 4-6 month period and anything between is just wiping off grime. I just bought it last week. And the contacts seems to fare very well as I wipe them off with a microfiber cloth usually thrice a week or whenever possible. I hope it does work though. loL! :blush:

For the price it's not really expensive unless you use up the cleaner in one clean up job. The last time I cleaned, My yamamoto, My mixer, My 3 Headphones, plugs on My IEMS and my LOD and ICs, and yes my power cables. My cleaner didn't loose a lot of weight but did feel that there is more air My GUESStimate should be 10-20% of the small aerosol can. :whistle:

Edited by jojo_b2

Guest dragonboy

remember stereo sells the RCA caps but dunno rubber or plastic. :think:

There is McDonalds Promotion for a lunch 12-2pm (or is it 3 pm) for S$4.50. Just do the math. And yes its for both,The Cleaner is 4.5 lunches and the conditioner 6.5 lunches. :smoke:

It's 12 to 2pm by the way. :)) Thanks for the heads up. Could you provide me with the shop address in Adelphi too. I'll probably get it tomorrow.

The Iego RCA protectors is 100 pieces for $34 with postage. But 100 pieces is alot...

Edited by nofing

It's 12 to 2pm by the way. :)) Thanks for the heads up. Could you provide me with the shop address in Adelphi too. I'll probably get it tomorrow.

New Disc Village #03-15 The Adelphi

The Iego RCA protectors is 100 pieces for $34 with postage. But 100 pieces is alot...

My advise on the RCA covers. Share it w/ friends. Any one w/ a home rig will surely need them unless the room is hermetically sealed or has humidity control. lol! Think of it as a Mini MO! :thumbup:

From my experience they sometimes get lost when I get too focused on my Rig when I try out new cables or do reconfiguration. So it is a good idea to have some as spare. :whistle:

Btw, does any one know where to get covers for XLR jacks/sockets locally been tracking them. But they aren't cheap from international sites. =(

Some pics of the covers on the LC3 I'm selling. =)

IPB Image

Edited by jojo_b2

hmmm, 100pcs is too much. maybe can share with another person.... can you PM me the place to sell? thanks.

Edited by audison