Sign in to follow this  
WatCult

Noob series: Headphone setup < $1000

Abuse the connectors??? what can they do with them? rolleyes.gif

Grado RA-1 Clone - $180-200 does that include workmanship?

Abuse the connectors??? what can they do with them? rolleyes.gif

Grado RA-1 Clone - $180-200 does that include workmanship?

Rip the locking plug out of the jack while it's in "locked" position.

Don't laugh! It's been done before and I've seen the damage done to a Cardas RCA jack.

The extremely tough Rhodium plating was scraped off in some places; Something that can't be done even by forcefully removing very tight RCA plugs.

$180 to $200 includes workmanship but that's the ball park for one set with CMC RCA's & Alps Blue Velvet pot.

Abuse the connectors???

Hmm...usually the RCA is very oxidised or the other extreme - some use brasso/autosol and completely strip everything off. Don't laugh but I've been asked the question - hey after I clean my RCA's with brasso how come the colour of the RCA has turned pink from gold. Bent RCA pins, wires almost completely pulled off the soldering point. Most of the time the owner is ignorant of things and how to clean connectors. Using brasso to clean a badly oxidixed RCA needs to be done sparringly.

Rameish,

everytime you quote some experience you have with some newbie, seems like its always me yucky.gif

Rameish,

everytime you quote some experience you have with some newbie, seems like its always me yucky.gif

So you're a cable abuser?? hammer.gif

Feel sorry for all the victims..

Hard to destroy your IC's no.gif

I seldom change equipment so do not need to tug on any IC's once they are in place rolleyes.gif

Edited by matbon0013

Oh ok! I'd spend half of that for a CDP(source) and 25-30% of that on an amp(maybe) and the balance on cans. wink.gif

Remember you need some $$$ to get a pair of decent IC.

Remember you need some $$$ to get a pair of decent IC.

Yeah. But even just $50 would be enough for some reasonably good I/c's if you are willing & able to DiY them. RCA plugs and some Mogami/ Belden/ Canare/ Klotz cable will do fine. Better than paying for Monster crap..

party.gif

Yeah! Apply that with a vision of upgrading and alot of credit card swiping jump.gif

Seriously though equipment should come with these accessories anyway and it should work for the time being. yes.gif

Ablaze,

No lah -- don't take things personally -- read the posts and you'll see I was only answering the question about abuse - ie not all 2nd hand interconnects are the same even if the model is.