Sign in to follow this  
N3w_Typ3

I am new To this hobby need some help from U all

hi i am new here ..... and also new hobby to me ..... well i current have Dt 880 headphone .... and i am aiming to get a cdp and amp by the end of this here or next year .... i haven't think abt the buget ... yet but hope to get a cheap as possible or second hand so i need some help on wat cdp and amp i should get for (compatible for bayer dt 880 and sony cd 3000 Thinking of trying only ..... ) looking for very relaxing sound for long hours of hearing .... thanks a lot man .... wub.gifbiggrin.gif

If i am not wrong ... Evil-Zen is using a HeadAmp Gilmore Dynamic V2 with his DT880 and is very happy with that setup.

But the most important thing is still your budget lah. happy.gif

Unless you have been bitten by the upgrade bug like Blues .... God bless your wallet!

Get a good source ... 6000OSE, 541i, 17Mkii, A3.2 or Shanling, everything will roll on from there!

btw this is an advice from a Noob who has no headphone setup. happy.gif

Please take my advice with a pinch of salt wink.gif

welcome.gif

Enjoy your stay in the Forum.

Edited by WatCult

In my opinion, the corda line of amps (HA1, HA2) are better matched to beyer 880 than the gilmore v2. I tried Blues corda ha1 for a while in my setup and the slight midrange deficency of 880 is somewhat compensated. Of course the gilmore is still better compared to HA1, just that corda amps have warmer characteristics.

If budget is a problem, go for a meta42 with a suitable opamp. Not really well versed in DIY stuff so i can't comment on the choice of opamps.

Edited by evil-zen

Personally I quite like the DT880 out of a highly specced META42 amp using the AD8620 opamp but bare in mind I've never heard it on other amps besides that.

Also IMO, the AKG K501 & HD600 are better headphones for relaxing 'sound' & long listening sessions. However as expressed else where here system synergy will allow you to tailor the DT880 to suit your requirements.

Thanks for the help for the amp i think i am getting the amp corda HA1 ..... seem good to me ...... and i have tried it .... so now the problem come ... is the cd player i need to get ..... Cost my bujey for cd player is abt .... $500 sing ext there cost new to this hobby so not willing to spend a lot .... biggrin.gif and ...... looking for more relax sound that will suit dt 880 and the amp i getting ... thanks guy for ur help ... dry.giflol.gifhappy.gif

New_Type, Try to audition these recommendations and more, and try to stick within your budget. Personally I'd go 2nd hand with value for money the obvious discipline!

Just my coppers worth etys.gif

hehe...if u had heard of Blues's setup, u would consider corda ha1 + dt880...hehe...personally, cd player really depend on u, as different cdp has its own signature in sound...i suggest u try out the cdp that u think would meet your budget and suits your taste..and...must match your setup as close as possible since u r wishing to hear a relax sound out of your system..so the whole setup must sound relaxing, am i right to say so?

i cant comment much smile.gif i can only ask u to listen more and find the most suitable one wink.gif

all are just my stupid humble opinion biggrin.gif

Thanks for the help for the amp i think i am getting the amp corda HA1 ..... seem good to me ...... and i have tried it .... so now the problem come ... is the cd player i need to get ..... Cost my bujey for cd player is abt .... $500 sing ext there cost new to this hobby so not willing to spend a lot .... biggrin.gif and ...... looking for more relax sound that will suit dt 880 and the amp i getting ... thanks guy for ur help ... dry.giflol.gifhappy.gif

Good choice. The Corda HA1 is a suitable amp for the DT880. The other amp is the HA2. The matching player that has great synergy with the Corda HA1 is the Rotal 971. If I am not wrong a rotel 971 was on Echoloft a couple of months ago.

The classified forum here is a good source of quality used CDPs. Don't be fooled by the word 'used' or 'second hand'. Many times more so these equipment have been treated like 'babies' by their enthusiastic owners & are well worth seeking out. Proof of the pudding is in the eating as the saying goes, if you can audition all the better, so you can see & hear for yourself.

hmm aft thinking ... i think i going aft the mar cd 6000 cdp first then later save up to get the mar cd17 mk 3 ... biggrin.gif a big waste of money ... seem so get i think start small first cos i quite like mar cdp ... sound warm ... hee hee ... holiday.gif

hmm aft thinking ... i think i going aft the mar cd 6000 cdp first then later save up to get the mar cd17 mk 3 ... biggrin.gif a big waste of money ... seem so get i think start small first cos i quite like mar cdp ... sound warm ... hee hee ... holiday.gif

Sounds like you're going to blow a hole in your wallet, a huge one. lol.gif Remember to check your PM!

I'm afraid U can't think cheap when partnering ancillaries with DT880 if U wish to exploit its full potential. Now that U've settled on the amp, try a cheap source such as CD5400 (new) or used Cd6000 series and get a decent pair of interconnects for the interim setup since your eyes are already set on Marantz CD17MKIII which is a good choice. However, I personally find the treble tilt of 6000 series bodes better with tube amps but to pare this signature, Klotz GY107 makes a good choice as interconnects. For a start, even an old CD63SE (around $150 in the used market) makes a good interim source.

Edited by Mackie