Sign in to follow this  
lengcm

Sudgen Mods

Stage2:

Change caps for the power supply

Change caps for the output signal side

Firefox: need your help to describe what are the things you do and the value of the caps you have added

Sudgen_1.jpg

Sudgen_1.jpg

what stages are this? is it outlined somewhere?

It's just the breaking down of the entire mod into multiple stages so that we could evaluate the improvements brought about by different component replacements in various sections of the amp. ie. Input section, output section, power side.

It's not outlined anywhere. It's my own mod for the Sugden after evaluating the amp.

Edited by Firefox

I'm very much interested in the sonic benefits too yes.gif

Well, it is still burning in after the addition of 2 blackgates. Anyway on your next trip to sg, you can always pop over for a listen.

All I can say is it is a good improvement over stock - however, as always, I reserve comment till after the unit has burnt in.

Actually Leng,

Stage 1 was the Power Supply Cap lying on the side and 2 of the black caps. You then listen to this remember. Firefox then added:

Stage 2 the other 4 smaller fast caps to the front of the panel. More listening was done then

Stage 3 was the addition of Black Gates.

There only Stage 4 left - a mod to the mod - yeah that big power supply cap is gonna go and in will come a S$180 plus Black Gate - Muhahaha!!

Looks like I gotta clear up some stuff here.

Attached is the image with the various stages marked out. With the exception of Stage 3, Part 2 where the electrolytic caps were replaced with Blackgates. That is not reflected in the picture.

Also not in the picture is the wiring of the RCA jacks with individual ground wires to the PCB rather than a common ground wire looping over all of them and then with an individual wire to the PCB ground.

post-2-1062430971.jpg

Edited by Firefox