Sign in to follow this  
Absolute0

Newbie needs help!

Hi guys, my KSC-35 juz broke down. I just got it about 3 weeks ago, and I am now very upset that it won't work anymore.

I tried some burning in by plugging it into my radio for about 12 hours, and when I removed it, and tried to connect it to my discman, it wun work anymore! I den tried connecting it back to the radio, but it still doesn't work. There's no sound coming out of it at all. No "vibrations" at all either.

Can anyone enlighten me on what happened and tell me what to do to get it working again? Thanks in advance.

ohmy.gifunsure.gifmad.gif

No deflection...

What does that mean? Is there any way I can get it to work again?

Edited by Absolute0

left channel to ground? How do I do that? Not too familiar with the terms.

I notice a deflection when I test with my other phones, but not with the KSC-35, so I think I should be testing correctly?

Thx for your help!

Edited by Absolute0

Nope, I didn't attach anything to the stereo plug.

Can I repair it? Else I think I would have to send it back to koss... unsure.gif

Nope, just moderately loud. I didn't break down while burning it, it broke down immediately after I unplugged it from the source. It was fine just a moment before I unplugged it. Any idea what happned?

This can happen when plugging/unplugging the buds/cans when volume is not reduced. However, I'm surprised by the Koss' fraility.

That can happen when you immedately unplug the headphone when the volume is still up there. However at times I do that too (too lazy to turn down the volume, LOL) , but so far all my headphones are OK though. Anyhow, just becareful with it next time.

Probably what you can do is to send the koss back to US, and they will ship you back with a brand new ksc-35.

i always lower down the volume to the lowest before i unplug my headphones. it's a good habit to always do that, at least start from now..then next time u'll used to it already wink.gif

Hi guys, my KSC-35 juz broke down. I just got it about 3 weeks ago, and I am now very upset that it won't work anymore.

I tried some burning in by plugging it into my radio for about 12 hours, and when I removed it, and tried to connect it to my discman, it wun work anymore! I den tried connecting it back to the radio, but it still doesn't work. There's no sound coming out of it at all. No "vibrations" at all either.

Can anyone enlighten me on what happened and tell me what to do to get it working again? Thanks in advance.

ohmy.gif  unsure.gif  mad.gif

blink.gif Damn, so unlucky? My KSC-35 has gone through abuse far beyond what a mortal can take, not excluding being thrown around in bag, abusing it with high volume, and accidentally blowing it at full volume, it still works.

Edited by vulpix

wow vulpix is that how you treat your lovely headphones?

I think sometimes its also luck.... manufacturing is never perfect/equal. Just get koss to diagnose it for you and do necessary replacements. I think its the best way to solve your problem.