Sign in to follow this  
ymmit

newbie: where to find a cheap turntable?

Hi all.

Newbie question, so your uptmost patience please.

My girlfriend told me she had some old records from her childhood that she wanted to play.

So I thought of getting her a turntable as a gift.

Neither of us are audiophiles. All I'm looking for is a normal set.

Preference: something small that doesn't take up much space, and something cheap.

where can I find such a turntable? and what is the price range? 2nd hand ones are fine too.

advice please.

Thanks.

Timothy..

Buy a "cute" player for her. You can find the Vestac range of turntable at HMV Dance over at the Heeren, especially like the portable one that runs on batteries & also comes with a headphone out - can play 33, 45, 78 + pitch control all for about $300 new. Go checkit out. biggrin.gif

200 at sls... belt driven ones are cheap.

there used to be a shop at junction 8 that sold turntables exclusively... old vintage ones and lots of 2nd hand ones. U can try searching there but i dont know if the shop is still there. Its been 2 years since i went there.

lol.gif

i saw this cute little portable turntable once... about the size of a vintage cdp only bulky and it was PINK. So darn cute lol.gif

wah lau. where to find the pink turntable?

Junction 8 where got such shop? I live in the north and go J8 quite often, how come never see such a shop?

So anyone else know where to find the "cutesy" cheap turntable?

I have seen this little gizmo that is a toy car that winds up and then you put it on the record and it runs round it and plays it laugh.gif not exactly quality sound but damn coool! Maybe even cute!

hahahaha.. that's damn funny. I wonder how it keeps to the grooves? the record's grooves aren't exactly deep.

so how, anyone got cheap turntable to sell? or know where got sell?

I have seen this little gizmo that is a toy car that winds up and then you put it on the record and it runs round it and plays it laugh.gif not exactly quality sound but damn coool! Maybe even cute!

ah yes... haha saw that also... and another version which was a train!

forgot about that...hehehe but also ultra cool!

Scriberx, sorry bro, didnt mean to get yer hopes up but i saw those things like 2-3 years ago before i joined ns... totally lost touch after i joined ns so i can barely recall any of it. It belonged to a friend whom i have lost touch with.

I asked my firend but he just said he got it in a small record shop in London. He couldn't remeber anything else... Sorry!