Sign in to follow this  
loop_

etymotic gives quality service

Just to share my experience

Awhile ago I purchased an er-4s off head-fi.org at $117 usd including shipping, which i thought was really a steal. Seller told me that condition was 8/10 and was in perfect working condition.

How happy was I when I received it, and it sounded great with my gear. But alas, 2 weeks later, I did a more detailed check and found 1 hairline crack on each of the transducers! Sadly, i figured it was a bit to late to make a big fuss to the seller, so I checked with customer service from etymotic.com. I was also not familiar with the fact that er-4s are known to get hairline cracks easily.

The pair was quite old, and there was no more warranty. In fact, the customer service officer told me that I had to pay $100 usd to repair each side, which was really nuts. So I started....ahem...begging.

Basically, I told them that as an full-time national serviceman conscripted by the government, my life sucks. I suffer from a meagre allowance, and the work is painful. The only thing getting me through is the wonderful music from my ER-4S, which I fear will not last much longer. I then asked that they repair my ER-4S for one last time.

Thankfully, they agreed. kicking.gif I sent it over immediately (cost me about 25 in shipping), and in a week they sent it back free via UPS, with new transducers, tri-flanges and filters! So I get a new ER-4S with old wiring for less than 210sgd.

If you put a priority on after-purchase service when buying cans, then you should consider etymotics products. Their customer service is nothing short of wonderful.

etys.gif

Wow thats really nice gesture from them. Or maybe your begging skills very pro? biggrin.gif

Ok just kidding.... tongue.gif

I've had a few nightmares conversing with customer service officers of various online merchants. I usually have to resort to a mixture of pleading and threatening to get them to respond. If only all of them were as helpful as etymotic research...

Fwah! Pro begging skills! lol. Yes, their customer service is very good. I asked for sample tips and they send me 4 different pairs free.

good begging skills. I had to pay the full price when i repaired my etys few months back...

With or without the sample tips? blush.gif

What, they mailed you sample tips from overseas?

Yup. Those guys at Ety are excellent. Postage paid by them as well but it cost only 80 US cents la. (normal mail)

I think it is the same for Shure/Westone as well. But i dunno if Altec Lansing/Ety new IEMs are supported by who.

That's amazing aftersales from ETYs but you havn't tried Shures yet. They give out a brand new set just like that. No beggings required. lol.