Sign in to follow this  
Guest dragonboy

Ultrasone Edition 8

I've been trying not to pass by both the stereo outlets... not even for lunch. But if I'm slowly attracted by " stereo's MAGNET", you'll see a ed9 on the classified. :grin:

just keep the ed9 and get ed8 ...anw...would love to see a review done by you comparison of the Hfi780 arron mod,ED9,ED8 :dance::rclxms:

Honestly, sorry to say that HFI780 is nowhere near to ED8 and ED9. Previously own the HFI780 and now ED8. There's no comparison.

Edited by ical

Honestly, sorry to say that HFI780 is nowhere near to ED8 and ED9.

for the price,yeah...of course it is nowhere close...but it is a bargain at the price that we are paying and the sound we getting i guess..right? :smoke:

ED9 and ED8 is another league :DD:party:

Stereo Woodland has all three so you can drop by and have a listen.

test ED9 but best is with my rig i guess...because after all i am using it for my amp...waiting for next headphone meet now...with all the goodies..but really quite happy with the HFI780 now...poor student ED9 i call it(dreaming about ED9)...haha

Got the ED8 yesterday. funny enough I was more impressed with the ED8 combo with my ipod and iqube than the HD800 with the Lehmann and T+A CD player. Looks like I'll have to pay another visit when the SPL phonitor is in Singapore, should have kept an amp and not sell them when I switched to the Stax.

-ohn' date='3 Jul 2009, 09:35 AM' post='114939']

Got the ED8 yesterday. funny enough I was more impressed with the ED8 combo with my ipod and iqube than the HD800 with the Lehmann and T+A CD player. Looks like I'll have to pay another visit when the SPL phonitor is in Singapore, should have kept an amp and not sell them when I switched to the Stax.

Agree with you. Heard the ED8 paired with the new Sony Walkman at Stereo the other day, and the combo really sounds great. I guess it is meant to be a portable headphone afterall, albeit an expensive one (at least to me :bash:).

Edited by Kachui

Yup even cable design and the smaller footprint would really translate to a portable can. In any case. It's been suggested from forums and those people who initailly tried the ED8 outside the country that the ED8 + Phonitor Combo is STUNNING! :sweat:

Really want to try this. But it wouldn't really bite me that hard. Now longing for a G... :blush:

anw,my friend told me that at SE woodland,there is no arron mod demo set available for testing now?why man..

Edited by ito

anw,my friend told me that at SE woodland,there is no arron mod demo set available for testing now?why man..

The Demo might have been bought off and Aaron really had his hands full for a couple of months since he opened the 2nd store. I don't believe he would do any modding for the meantime. that guys deserves some rest. ;)

So just visit and get used to the ED8 and Ed9 sound signature when and if a modded 780 comes around you can have a good assesment of it. :yes:

u can bring along your own 780 Aron mod to Woodlands Stereo ma!??! :bash:

no time to go,so just ask my friend to go test but no more so yah lor...got time will go and test ED8..die also die peacefully with knowing how good will the ED series sound like

no one will die peacefully after hearing much better heaphone than your own :sweat::sweat::sweat:

i already die on G**** :shocking:

hahas,but the problem for me now is i need to test all headphones,no matter how exp with my amp...which is at home,i move it,have to reset the cones...sh*t man

that's the fun part of this audio journey imo, re-adjust footers/cones/cables etc... :cans: