Sign in to follow this  
yekim

senn hd600 cables

hi, what aftermarket cables would you recommend for the senn hd600 and who is selling them in singapore?

thanks headphone.gif

In my opinion, I found that the Equinox cable sounded far better than the Clou Red. The only drawback is the price.

To save cost, I suggest that you do a DIY cable using the stock ones. Robert of LHS should have no problem doing the cables for you, you only have to make up your mind on what kind of cables to use. It's more adventurous and fruitful going DIY as you would be able to use the cable of your choice.

hi northern oak, i would love to diy - most of my stuff (except for the cdp setup) is diy. i was thinking of using cardas or kimber cables - but what about the connectors? u mention using the stock cables - i presume this means gutting out the stock cables from the connectors? is there a stepped recipe anywhere on the net? any suggestions would be most appreciated.

cheers

Not too sure if there's any writeup on the connectors but you can ask headphonecrazy. He just DIY-ed the cable using the stocks. Check with him.

Alternatively, Robert is an experienced guy so he may know what to do but I would recommend that you ask headphonecrazy before you proceed.

hi northern oak, i would love to diy - most of my stuff (except for the cdp setup) is diy. i was thinking of using cardas or kimber cables - but what about the connectors? u mention using the stock cables - i presume this means gutting out the stock cables from the connectors? is there a stepped recipe anywhere on the net? any suggestions would be most appreciated.

cheers

As for the connectors, I reckon you'll have to cannibalize your stock cable. The stocks are Litz cable, very fine and individually insulated. You'll need to snip-off about 5cm of the cable from the connectors, strip 1cm of the end of the cable, slowly remove the insulation.

The new cables should be a twisted pair, mentioned in one of my previous post, ideally spiced/crimped to the other end as in the Equinox cable design.

In my opinion, I found that the Equinox cable sounded far better than the Clou Red. The only drawback is the price.

Can't argue with the comparison between Equinox vs Clou. Equinox has tighter control on the bass making a more balanced sound.

However Cardas owners might argue with the reference Equinox being the best.

Eqinox is better than the Cardas which is better than the Clou Red. IMO. I heard the Cardas in the 1st Meet and the Red and Equinox in the 3rd. So these are just my rough impressions. All 3 cables offer an improvement over the stock. The mogami cable sounds something like the Cardas - again from memory. Does anyone have a Cardas to lend me so that I can compare them again? Thke what I am saying hear with a pinch of salt as I do not have a Cardas at hand nor the Clou red. I only have the Equinox and Mogami.

Headphonecrazy, if you wanna bring the Canary cable over, please do.