Blues

Thanks Rameish

Erm..ok

where should I write it.

I will just write it here.. if it's inapriopriate can the admin please move them? thanks..

Ok.. starting from the amp itself. When I receive it this afternoon, it's in very good condition. No scratch whatsoever. Well taken care of.

Rameish is a very friendly and nice guy to deal with. Despite my 'rubber-timing' he still patiently wait for me.Thanks and I apologize again for being late(2nd time already.. maybe it's fate that I always make him wait... tongue.gif )

Ok,Now on to Rameish's service( in his house).Well.. I confirmed with him 3:30 pm.. but I arrived very late.. at 4:10 i think.. ok,that was my fault. Rameish had warmed up the amp especially for us(me& my friend who visited him) 1 hour prior to the visit.Therefore we could listen to the full potential of the amp.The auditioning in his house was very different from what you would get in like hung bros etc.. as they do not have dedicated listening room for you and it's very noisy. I know because I have auditioned several headphones.. and my comments were just like.. hm.. uh ok.. this one is better than this .. and so-on. I couldn't really pay attention to the detail, transparency,highs so on.

With his aircon switched on... we could escape from the scorching afternoon heat.. and we were very comfortable listening to the headphones. We had no problems whatsoever. Rameish introduced us to the corda ha-1 and showed the crossfeed capability. Awesome indeed.. although I have to say that I am not a real fan of crossfeed. After the introduction, he left us on our own..

He also has 3 sources and quite a few good amps(corda lines, creek 11se at that time). His sources are good and clear sounding.. definately not bottleneck.Listening to his source and out of my laptop soundcard is a different experience altogether..

As I arrived late, I did not have much time to listen to all his amps.. I did with obh-11se , my obh-11 and the corda ha-1.I clearly preferred the obh-11se but probably that was because the warm characteristic suits me well..

Overall.. I was very satisfied.. so did my friend, Budi who came along with me. He is a really nice guy to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking to purchase a new amp. I would rather pay extra for Rameish's service, and be able to compare a few amps and headphones, rather than to purchase blindly and end up being dissatisfied with the rash purchase.

Finally, I would like to apologize again for being late. I know this leaves me with bad impression, but then again.. I will try to be more punctual.

Cheers.

Edited by Guyferd

moved your post to the main forum. if you've got any objections, let me know.

btw, its not 'inappropriate' to post it there, its just, i don't think anybody will see it if it stays in that sales thread wink.gif

Yes we already experienced the Rameish friendlyness at his house for the first head-fi meet. Highly knowledgeable and recommended.

All at Hung Bros waiting for their $5 rebate?! wacko.gif

Hehehe! Bad joke I guess.

How much does CDs cost over there bulkie?

Guyferd,

Thanks you for the positive feedback. Although I am usually a very punctual person I do know many have rubber time. The main reason is this:

When I have another customer coming over later, chances are they would be listening to a different combo - say they wish to compare the Corda HA-1 against the Corda HA-2. Or HA-2 versus the PreHead. So set up and warm up time is required once again.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform all you guys to please allocate sufficient time for yourself for listening so that you make a purchase decision that will last you for some time to come. Bring your own CDs and headphones as well. I also have a 4th CD player - a warmer sounding Marantz CD-6000 OSE. Unfortunately that is all I'm going to spend on CDPs. If youre unsure, please bring your CDP or whatever other source you use at home. That way you limit the varience from what you hear at my place and what you hear at home.

Now I have gone even further with two Rotel RCD-971 CD Players so that you can A/B very quickly with different amps or compare two Corda amps (interconnects etc will be the same).

Then when you've decided which amp you prefer, you should compare it with your CDP. Only then should a decision be made.

Of course all this takes time - min 2 hours. That's one reason why I ask people to make reservations (esp on Fri, Sat and Sun).

Once again thanks and let me know if there is any way I can improve my service.

Just a thought though..

the obh-11 ,when on the same position(11 o clock) provides more volume than obh-11se at the same 11 o clock position. I have to turn my obh-11se to 2pm to get the same volume..

No change was done to my computer volume setting..

So I wonder if there's anything wrong(insufficient power?)

Perhaps it's because I plug them to the extension wire?(which is currently sharing the power with my laptop, philips mini hi fi, and sometimes table lamp)

I don't know.. but I thought obh-11se should have more juice coz they have beefier amp rite?

Not really. Different gain setting. Jack 2 has an output impedence of 30 or 32 ohms (I put a sticker below the amp so take a look). It should be slightly louder than Jack 1 (which is 68 ohms).

hm.. ic..

I am currently using jack 1.. probably that's the reason why.

jack 2 has noticeable hiss than jack 1 though.