Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Tube amplifiers

Over excitement over a new toy! Shame about the ZOTL. You could've gotten some used Loth X efficient speakers for them too.

yeah.. sleep.gif

nevermind... maybe next time it will pop up again

So, after all the advices and suggestions, which tube amp are you going after, Blues ? wink.gif

will be hunting zotl or emp.

I will try the MAD EAR too... but for now I think I will keep a lookout on those 2 main ones first

Edited by Blues

btw mat , I don't think the etys is that bad. Probably because of the new toy disease. Whenever a new toy arrives it's only natural that we get overexcited about it. Well I need to spend more time with the ety then I suppose elvis.gif

i'm still excited over it 5 months later...... still my preferred 'cans' even over the beyer 880s. as you said yourself, my pair are much softer than the original unworn-in pair so just try it for few weeks at least before giving up on them again.

will be hunting zotl or emp.

I will try the MAD EAR too... but for now I think I will keep a lookout on those 2 main ones first

There is a just release MAD EAR ++ HD Amp, check out their site. wink.gif

you're right zen. That's why I am keeping them first, at least for a few weeks to 1 month to see if the situation improves laugh.gif

Yep I recall yours is much softer and a lil easier to insert. mm

hi headphoncrazy,

ok sure will check them out wink.gif

I heard it sounds good with the cd3k and most grados too biggrin.gif

btw mat , I don't think the etys is that bad. Probably because of the new toy disease. Whenever a new toy arrives it's only natural that we get overexcited about it. Well I need to spend more time with the ety then I suppose elvis.gif

Agree with Evil zen! Let it burn in for around 4-5days, or do a search on my ER 4S thread in this forum for more info rolleyes.gif

Shouldn't you start a new thread already? unsure.gif

get back to topic ppl! hammer.gifhammer.gif

OT tongue.gif : I am giving them 'chance' now. Now I wear the ety for all my listening. cd3k takes the holiday lol.gif

Therein lies the problem for us. Made to order only, 110V, more expensive tubes & that iffy looking chassis work.