Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Tube amplifiers

no.gif

not enough $$..

after I calculated thorughly, I still need an additional $500 .. yawn.gifyawn.gif

sigh..

WoooT!! so much w00t.gif ???? ....... hmm ...... w00t.giflaugh.gif

Quality comes at a price and for me, that is time. I'm still running in the new Belden 83803 power cord attached to the RKV and may switch to MAS Power Master to decide which is more compatible.

Btw, reviews of RKV are already abound in Head-Fi and I wonder if there's any interest at all from this being (moir). tongue.gif

Edited by Mackie

I would be interested to read about the RKV in conjunction with the DT48, DT150 & DT250. headphone.gif

with A3 as a source can? just incase the crazy bug bites me I know how it's going to sound with it tongue.giftongue.gif

nOrh product's page No headphone out that I am aware of but highly recommended for AKG K1000.

now I am itching for an earmax pro..

but damn.. 900 dollars to burn !!! mad.gif

I think next year I will get one..

this year.. broke man tongue.gif

Blues, how much is AdamZuf selling his EMP now? He reduced the price to US$500 the last time I checked: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....&threadid=49958

If he's still going on his trip to NZ/HK it might be a good chance to save on shipping if he can ship it from there.

yea.. but I can't commit now.. must wait till next year man.

Result good then can ask parents to buy for me.

If no good, I won't even dare to open my mouth sleep.gif

his price is pretty good.

I assume his unit is free of trouble? he did start a thread abt it giving some distortion problem.. abit worried unsure.gif

otherwise it's perfect. 220-240 somemore! tongue.gif

His unit should be trouble free since it was given the once over by Steven Brocksiper himself, what makes it a good buy is the additional tubes that comes with it. Had this unit been 110v I'm sure it would have been snapped up by head-fiers by now. Would make a nice amp for the bedroom & double up as a night light! If I haven't commited on the Cayin I would seriously consider it if shipping is inclusive!

Put it this way, if the amp is still available after your exams/next year, go for it!