Sign in to follow this  
timo

newbie here.. recommend foldable closed backs?

hey all.. used to own a pair of Wecan.. jap one..

but the main wire got exposed.. i dun mind changing the main wire if possible..

anywhere can repair?

or i'll consider buying another brand... or i;ll just buy back wecan

tried pro2.. uncomfortable

Can you provide us with more details of how foldable it is? There are different designs, not to mention sizes & price range you are looking for. It would help narrow our recommendations. Helpful also is if you can show us what the Wecan looks like, a link perhaps.

er.. dun really have pic..

just think something like the sennheiser 212 with a foldable headband...

any recommendations? for sommething which is quite compact.. but semi-closed or closed sound ones?

PX200 is closed, sound isolation isn't that good though, have some but less.

PXC250 is active noise cancelling, meaning there is a mic somewhere near the cups, which picks up ambient noise and sends a similar but inverse signal to the cans, causing the ambient noise to cancel out with the singnal sent by the mic. Battery is required to run active noise cancelling.

how much I'm not so sure. Somewhere around 100SGD....

In that same review, a link to head-fi was given, with some evidence that the V6's and 7506's are in fact the same. Anyway many have come to accept that they are indeed almost identical as well.

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....p?threadid=1453

The PX200's are getting lotsa attention on head-fi suddenly, so maybe they are a great pair of foldable closed cans to try?

In the absence of any further details I second the Senn PX100(open)/200(closed) recommendation. Both are foldable & sounds good for sub SG$100. If you don't mind clip ons, Koss KSC-50/55 or 35 (if you can find anyone selling) sounds better & cheaper.