icyspawn

headphones below $60?

icyspawn: from what I've read. yes it is. Just looks good but sounds so-so wink.gif

Many bought them because of the first week's hype. After that 90 percent of those who bought sold them within a week. Go figure biggrin.gif

i bought the koss ksc50 liao...

dont regret it... gd headfones!

at first didnt noe can adjust the side thing... haha was v loose lol i was like WT*?

then later then realise can adjust then swee liao haha

still a little loose la... but gd enough

but then thread said hung bros selling at $45... the price tag put $49 leh... then i ask wads their best price he can give he say $46...

even if the koss headphones cost $70-80+ i would still buy them because they are worth that price! tongue.gif

I have to agree at sub $50, the Koss are a real VFM.

hrmm. i disagree with most of the opinions in this thread i suppose.

[rant]first off, looking at it in a holistic manner, the ksc 35 is NOT worth it's $70 price.

look at it's construction. there is less plastic than in your typical pilot pen. look at the flimsy design- that thing is begging to break. look at the total and complete lack of a warranty. for a 'portable' phone, the only thing which makes them portable is their size, nothing else. no durability, no isolation, and not exactly compact either. the fact that they bundled this fragile pair of phones with a soft bag is mind boggling.[/rant]

the only upshot for them is their sound. it's well rounded and goes well with many many types of music. the sound alone makes the ksc35 almost worth it's $70 tag imo.

the ksc50 shares similar sonic traits to the ksc35 but to me it sounds a little bloated in the bass side.

and concerning the em7, i daresay that against the koss it can hold its own. while the koss gives a well balanced sound the em7 gives far more detiails. and if it matters to you the em7 comes with a far more sensible harder case and it looks infinitely better.

blues is right about the bass though, a bit lacking. i would say that it sound similar to an e888.

and why are koss's so universally preferred here over the em7? i daresay because the koss is so overwhelmingly used here.

for portable phones, having tried/bought the em7, ksc35, ksc50, px100, px200, ex51, ex70, ex71, e2, e888 & dt231, i daresay my final choice would be either koss for any portable listening where isolation is not an issue, and the e2 for other portable scenarios.

edit: amended thread to ensure more relevance to previous posts in thread.

Edited by adhoc

Adhoc: Please refer to the previous posts, we were referring to the Koss KSC50/55 which is readily available in the SG market.

i guess i didnt make myself clear. i was talking about the ksc-55. it's not as fragile as ksc-35 or maybe ksc-50