Sign in to follow this  
filthfate

Hi all! Am a Newbie

hi all!,

yeah am a newbie...juz discovered this site...i scanned through a few pages ,great ,so many info....anyway thought i'll do a self intro....let me see...i started becoming really particular about audio when i was abt 15yrs old i think, ...and looking at a pair of sony headphones ,i thought it might sound good..it wa $50++..at that time woa...that's alot of money...anyway i bought it..and since than i'm hooked to having this music ..with deep bass and all....but i sold off my first pair of headphones...it was kinda bulky and big for my head....and the next one i got was also sony but was very dissapointing ...after 2yrs of gd music..i couldn't stand my second one..which was one of the latest..mdr-55sl..if i'm rite...i'm able to change every 2yrs cos i keep my headphones in very gd condition and i get back abt 3/4 my buy price which each sell...finally my last one, which is wat i'm using now is the ex71sl....ear bud..a change from headphones after my previous dissapointment...this was my most expensive buy at $70(there's a limit to mu luxury..i'll not buy anything more than this price).....but after looking through this site..gosh ..i found out abt koss 35....so am regretting i bought the ex71 at so high price...i know there's some mass order here not long ago for this model...(if anyone ever do mass order for this koss headphone...p/s let me know..really want to own one).....how this headphones add a touch to my fav. music is marvellous..u guys think so too rite?...at 52sgd ...i'll be so happy to have that koss...too bad not available here...sigh juz missed the chance....anyway juz wanna say nice to meet you all ...and all the views u all share here is great .....

p.s. I want the Koss!

You can try to get KSC50 instead. Readily available at $45. If you want something a little better for the same price, and don't mind the neckband, check out KSC55. In fact, one of our members prefer KSC55 to KSC35, and considering its about $10 cheaper than KSC35 if you get it in Singapore, its definitely worth every cent!

Anyway, WELCOME to sgHeadphones.com

Edited by lekguan

Oh yes, one member, tee has ever mentioned that KSC50 can be bought for $30 at Queensway Shopping Center. Wonder if its still valid though. tee, can update if this is still valid?

If can be bought at that price, it should be the best bang for buck.... yes.gif

Basically, KSC35 is a little better than KSC55 and KSC55 sounds a little better than KSC50. But I think the difference is still not to that extent that one is more worth it than another. Rather, you have more for a KSC35. The difference between KSC50 and 55 is quite little, so if $30 is valid, GRAB IT!

Edited by lekguan

hi welcome!

i own the ksc-55 and i love it with my pcdp

IMO its better than those sony streetstyles

oh....and who says gals aren't into headphones and stuff? wink.gif ....maybe not as technical as guys ...but they too appreciate good music....maybe someday ...all the gals can form their own gathering.....

Welcome fifthfate...i never say gals are not into headphones and stuff smile.gif at least i never...hehe..

gals sometime can be more technical than guys wink.gif

come on...we dun need to have different gathering session...one gathering of all the guys and girls meet is much more merrier than twp separated meet yes.gif

of coz we can have seperate SGH meet...like SGH Girl meet and then surely would have a SGH family meet. we would have voice and opinion from girls..dun u agree that gals are sometime more "xi xin" than guys?perhaps gal can hear what we cant hear?or maybe gals' views might be the more analytical one

cheers and have fun with us...

welcome.gif

We need more women on the forum. They offer a different view from their own prospective.

In theory they hear better than us but in general they don't take hi-fi too seriously. It's a guy thing (boys with their toys) but they have more passion towards the music hence they are not jaded by the technical aspects. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule.

oh....and who says gals aren't into headphones and stuff? wink.gif ....maybe not as technical as guys ...but they too appreciate good music....maybe someday ...all the gals can form their own gathering.....

So are U the first lady member in this forum? If so, a welcome with garland. If not, a warm welcome nevertheless. happy.gif

we got a lady member,..finally? I feel a cool breeze, refreshing. laugh.gif

no I don't think so!

oh....and who says gals aren't into headphones and stuff?  ....maybe not as technical as guys ...but they too appreciate good music....maybe someday ...all the gals can form their own gathering.....

Observe the use of "they" and "their"

I am female myself just that I never ever revealed it, and I don't see the necessity to fuss over it. We live in a society of equals, and I am not feminist, so why must I declare to the world (on such forums) that I am female when I know that certain chauvinistic people will treat me differently after learning it? Girls, let's just keep to ourselves will we? rolleyes.gif

Perhaps some people rolleyes.gif will just loose concentration and forget about listening to the setups during meet. BAD cool.gif

Edit: Oops we are OT!

Edited by lekguan