Sign in to follow this  
evil-zen

solid state lifetime

yesterday heavy rain and I still listened.. how ah panic.gif..

Any thunder & lightning? rolleyes.gif

i think there is .... ... we are located at the east so i should know ... well if the amp is affected ... Blues i think i should go for a HA-2 ... haha lol.gif

thanks ! wub.giflaugh.gif

there was.

luckily I form a temporary statis field within my room. Nothing can pass through.. not even the mighty lightning tongue.gif

Well cool ... once it rains i rush out of my .... bathroom to unplugged my marantz player ... so worry that it maybe damage .... now days i unplugged the powercord when i not using ... haiz ... lucky that the HA-1 not hurt ... or else .... i going to spent more money on HA-2 yeah.gif

THanks wub.giflaugh.gif

won't lah. If my ha-1 spoil u think I still dare to play with my A3? yucky.gif

haha ... paiseh (Sorry) ... hammer.gif

well .... i have forgot that A3 is expensive !! lol.gif

THanks wub.giflaugh.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3

OT: N3w Typ3, did you inherit/purchase Blue's CDP & headphones? Or is it just a coincidence you both happen to own (owned) similar gear?

yes it happen ....to be that ... we are friends ... and he is the one that intro me to this forum !! yeah.gifwub.gif

Thanks ! wub.giflaugh.gif

Talking about surge protectors, best not to use them on audio gears as they are known to introduce spurae noise and also kill dynamics of music.

Then what do you recommend?

Edit: I think OT here, I should maybe start my own thread instead

Edited by lekguan

hmm i not too sure should i post it here or not but i try not to start a thread .. as the other replies are here .... is still about ... the current shock ... i just remember that my house... the front part is a field ... and it seem to me that there is a lot of current over there as lighting often appear around there ... so i need all your advise that should i only plug in the power cord when i wanna use and .... unplug when i dont need to use .....thanks ... w00t.gifkicking.gif

THANKs! wub.giflaugh.gif

Talking about surge protectors, best not to use them on audio gears as they are known to introduce spurae noise and also kill dynamics of music.

oh no.... looks like i bought the wrong kind of multi-plugs......

i bought a 2-socket multi-plug extension which has surge protection and i thought it would protect my equipment but........

lucky i didnt use it as it was too short. hehe

yesterday heavy rain and I still listened.. how ah panic.gif..

Take 2 asprins, drink a lot of water, turn anti-clockwise 20 times while holding your left foot in your right hand. And your left thumb in your right ear. That should fix things.

Seriously, that's another reason I stay away from tube gear the warm up wait time is just too long.

Then what do you recommend?

Edit: I think OT here, I should maybe start my own thread instead

Power conditioners such as Audio Prism Foundations aside, best to connect the source and amp to separate wall outlets. Next best thing would be a normal extension board. On the issue of power conditioners, I recommend these for sources but not integrated/power amps on most as dynamics is still affected. Direct connection to the wall outlet is my favoured option with regards to amps.