Gouki

What music do you use to break in?

Still breaking in the Sonys, had a peek of it (its now at the second stage-medium volume) and yeah its waaaaaay better than the Senns and Eggos and I haven't even turned it up yet. This Sony is gonna kick ass!

Why compare CD3K with Eggos? They belong to different fruit baskets and certainly not a fair fight between apples and apples. tongue.gif

Edited by Mackie

Still breaking in the Sonys, had a peek of it (its now at the second stage-medium volume) and yeah its waaaaaay better than the Senns and Eggos and I haven't even turned it up yet. This Sony is gonna kick ass!

Why compare CD3K with Eggos? They belong to different fruit baskets and certainly not a fair fight between apples and apples. tongue.gif

Well, the Eggos are pretty good and I still take them around with my phone :

http://www.vodafone.jp/english/products/ki...isyu/j_sh53/02/

I've found them a bit uncomfortable after a while because they are kind of tight around my head (I also wear spectacles), sometimes it gets painful. So I was beginning to hate them a little.

So on the road, I have the Eggos.

At home, I have the CD3000. I always look forward to going back home wink.gif

ot: gouki your phones look very interesting. How much did you pay for them? I bet they're not available in Sg, do they? seems v sleek and my type if u ask me. Care to point me to the right direction if I decide to go wacko.gif and buy them? biggrin.gif

back to topic,

I really think eggo and cd3k is not a fair comparison. But I've heard many said that the eggos are like mini cd3000.

The mobile network in Japan is different from the rest of the world. Hence, their phones are simply out of this world.

Gouki, I use Eggos with a portable cdp while on the road too. yes.gif

ot: gouki your phones look very interesting. How much did you pay for them? I bet they're not available in Sg, do they? seems v sleek and my type if u ask me. Care to point me to the right direction if I decide to go wacko.gif and buy them? biggrin.gif

back to topic,

I really think eggo and cd3k is not a fair comparison. But I've heard many said that the eggos are like mini cd3000.

The phone in my opinions is not that good.

I bought it for the 1.1 mega pixel camera and the ability to play music.

Problem was,

- the quality of the pictures were worst than the 640x480 Sony Mavica that I used to have

- you cannot copy MP3s directly into the Panasonic SD card that's inserted inside the phone, you have to record it directly via a normal audio or optical cable

Later in december, the new 2.0 megapixel camera will come out (damn Vodafone!!).

You cannot use any japanese phonees in Singapore, but for phones like mine, they wouold be ok as novelties for playing music, and taking pictures I guess. OH, I can also play JAVA games too. You cannot simply buy them from the shops as they are bounded by contracts. But, you could buy a second hand model (like mine if I choose to sell it, and I may when the newer models come out).

As for the Eggos and CD3000, I haven't heard too much of the CD3000, but already the soundstage is more impressive than the Eggos because of its size and the CDs clearlly have a lot more power in reserve whereas the Eggos may give up.

Yeah, its not a fair comparison, look at the price difference , Eggos 8000 yen, CD3000 40,000 yen.

I'm also impressed with my computer which is the SHUTTLE XPC with Athlon Geforce/Nforce/whatever. Plays the Eggos reasonably well, Senns. not so good (fault of the headphone), CD3000 pretty good.

Edited by Gouki

Ah.........now U understand. I'm sure the chaps here will throw rotten tomatoes at my face if I were to compare Beyer DT880 with Senn PX100. dry.giflol.gif

OT:

ah.. I know about the docomo phones that can't be used due to the diff network, but I thought this one is an exception..

But to pay so much for a phone that only works for games/mp3, don't you feel it's a bit of waste, gouki? unsure.gif

Well I would think so! What a waste. If only we can have...

ah nevermind looks like I'm going towards samsung's direction for my next phone.

Gouki:

Maybe the first step is to change your soundcard(maybe revo), and start ripping your cds in wav!

The sony will start to show its true potential if the source is good.

The mobile network in Japan is different from the rest of the world. Hence, their phones are simply out of this world.

Gouki, I use Eggos with a portable cdp while on the road too. yes.gif

I used to take my Eggos out every single day, and use them at home for about 3 months. The paint on the side started to peel away. Has no effect on the sounds, but it looks kinda worned, I'm thinking of painting them just to make them look better.

I see people with Eggos, but usually D22sl, not the 66s. I have the 66s, what about you? Are they common in Singapore? See a lot of Pioneer DJ type phones in Tokyo, and a couple of Eggo-like ATs.

Ah.........now U understand. I'm sure the chaps here will throw rotten tomatoes at my face if I were to compare Beyer DT880 with Senn PX100. dry.giflol.gif

haha.gifhaha.gifhaha.gif

I see people with Eggos, but usually D22sl, not the 66s. I have the 66s, what about you? Are they common in Singapore? See a lot of Pioneer DJ type phones in Tokyo, and a couple of Eggo-like ATs.

I have the 66s dude. happy.gif

U're right...they are not common and costs a bomb according to some who managed to locate a pair.

OT:

ah.. I know about the docomo phones that can't be used due to the diff network, but I thought this one is an exception..

But to pay so much for a phone that only works for games/mp3, don't you feel it's a bit of waste, gouki? unsure.gif

Well I would think so! What a waste. If only we can have...

ah nevermind looks like I'm going towards samsung's direction for my next phone.

Gouki:

Maybe the first step is to change your soundcard(maybe revo), and start ripping your cds in wav!

The sony will start to show its true potential if the source is good.

I've been reading everything about the CD3000s and about sound quality since I joined, so yeah I know full well that the source is very important.

These days, you can download 256k versions of certain songs that I might like, and I have a few.

I watch a lot of movies (from internet ;-) ), and Animes, so yeah I spend too much time in front of the computer. I can't carry too much things when I'm moving places, so a good pair of headphone is better than a good pair of speakers in my case (I used to have Cerwin Vegas - Bass machines if you ask me!).

As for the phones, I used to pay $980 for the Siemens SL45!!! Talk about expensive!!! Phones in Japan are much much cheaper, but just bounded by a contract.

Yes, go the samgsung way, they now have phones which allows you to watch TV, as well as work as a PDA (take and view pictures, play music etc).

Edited by Gouki

I have the 66s dude. happy.gif

U're right...they are not common and costs a bomb according to some who managed to locate a pair.

How much do they cost in Singapore?

I bought mine for $95 or something like that.

heheh I got my sl45 cheap.. 300 but that's with contract. Still a very good phone in terms of functionality during its time.

Everytime I look at the docomo phones it gets me salivating.. dammit.. the japanese are so advance in terms of mobile phone technology.

Edited by Blues