Gouki

What music do you use to break in?

heheh I got my sl45 cheap.. 300 but that's with contract. Still a very good phone in terms of functionality during its time.

Everytime I look at the docomo phones it gets me salivating.. dammit.. the japanese are so advance in terms of mobile phone technology.

You B*(&^*^, j/k.

Yeah I loved the SL45.

Anyway, if you're interested :

- Vodafone offers more billigual phones than the other companies (Docomo, AU, Tuka, H), it was previously called J-Phone, but now the British has taken over

- Phones can cost anywhere from 18,000 to 30,000 yen depending on functionality

- The manuals that comes with it are absolutely useless, full of internet related information in japanese

- My phone uses Panasonic SD (Secured Digital) card, which means that you cannot copy to and fro the card without a licenced software (by Panasonic of course), some phones may use Sony Mini-Memory stick, but they can't play music just yet

- Only 2 phones by J-phone/Vodafone can play music, mine, the SH53, and the previous model, the SH52

- Docomo 505i by Sony Erricsson has the 1.3 megapixel camera, and uses mini memory stick, but doesn't playback music. The screen swivels like the old Motorolla V(I don't remember the model number)

- Vodafone and AU will release a new 2.0 megapixel phone later this year, Vodafone model can play music, AU can't

I want japanese phones that can work in singapore sad1.gif

I doubt there is such a thing?

sigh....

I want japanese phones that can work in singapore sad1.gif

I doubt there is such a thing?

sigh....

I would have already bought some years ago if I could use Japanese phones overseas. I was disappointed that I couldn't use GSM phones here (I had an X02 phone/pda).

I got my ex D66SL for around $95 as well, courtesy of Ablaze. Unfortunately my experience with it left me wanting. It's a good pair of headphones mind, just felt that it was not really for me, much like the KSC35 & PX200. If there is a pair of headphones the size of the eggos but with the sound quality of the DT250-250ohm then I'd want a pair for portable use.

As long as it supports GSM 1800/900, I guess it should work.

Japan does not use our GSM network and so does Korea. Their phones are so advanced it will put the latest Nokia to shame. Most of their high-tech gears are only limited to Japanese market and not available outside the country. One feature not available to us is audio/visual conversation on mobile phones. Instead of using a handsfree unit, simply face the phone which carries a camera lens and speak to it. The opposite party will be able to see and hear U. Cool er?

Furthermore, there are growing concerns of high radiation emission by mobile phones but there's already a remedy for this in the form of a round patch sold only in Japan. Stick this on your phone or microwave oven and radiation is reduced. It costs less than S$10.

Sorry for the OT.

Edited by Mackie

OT: I first saw the docomo phone that supported the audio visual thingy that mackie mentioned, guess in what?

Utada hikaru's advertisement!! That was like 3 years ago. I remembered drooling over it!

As long as it supports GSM 1800/900, I guess it should work.

Japan does not use our GSM network and so does Korea. Their phones are so advanced it will put the latest Nokia to shame. Most of their high-tech gears are only limited to Japanese market and not available outside the country. One feature not available to us is audio/visual conversation on mobile phones. Instead of using a handsfree unit, simply face the phone which carries a camera lens and speak to it. The opposite party will be able to see and hear U. Cool er?

Furthermore, there are growing concerns of high radiation emission by mobile phones but there's already a remedy for this in the form of a round patch sold only in Japan. Stick this on your phone or microwave oven and radiation is reduced. It costs less than S$10.

Sorry for the OT.

You are correct in both instances, Japan and Korea has their own network that are incompatible with the rest of the world.

But at least Samsung still makes cool GSM phones for the rest of the world.

samsung thumbup1.gif

oh yea gouki my apology for derailing from this thread yes.gif

but.. I don't think you mind, do you tongue.gif

samsung thumbup1.gif

oh yea gouki my apology for derailing from this thread yes.gif

but.. I don't think you mind, do you tongue.gif

Ja no problem.

What do phones sound like when they are totally broken in? Sorry for the newbie question.

Japan does not use our GSM network and so does Korea. Their phones are so advanced it will put the latest Nokia to shame.

Erm sorry to say, but when was nokia technology ever advanced? I remember the most advanced phones in Singapore were by ericson just before they were bought over by sony. Big, but real high tech. Where others have used 65K active matrix screen, nokia is still stuck with 4096 passive matrix ?!

Even a Samsung 4096 beats a nokia 4096. What about panasonic GD88, its far more high tech than any nokia phone.

Ok, I'm ever so anti-nokia but well, it is still the truth.

But at least Samsung still makes cool GSM phones for the rest of the world.

Yeah, gotta love my S300!!! wub.gifwub.gif

What do phones sound like when they are totally broken in? Sorry for the newbie question.

Depends on which phones. Each is different. But generally what is lacking will come out after burn in. Harsh highs will be less or gone. Stuff like that.

Yea as lek mentioned..

usually the harsh highs will be gone..and bass will touch much deeper.

That's what I usually hear.. not sure of some other minute differences wink.gif

Erm sorry to say, but when was nokia technology ever advanced? I remember the most advanced phones in Singapore were by ericson just before they were bought over by sony. Big, but real high tech. Where others have used 65K active matrix screen, nokia is still stuck with 4096 passive matrix ?!

Even a Samsung 4096 beats a nokia 4096. What about panasonic GD88, its far more high tech than any nokia phone.

Ok, I'm ever so anti-nokia but well, it is still the truth.

Now...apply lateral thinking. I use Nokia as a relative counterpart not because its phones are the most advanced outside of Japan but simply because it has the largest market share in S'pore and perhaps major parts of the world.

On the Ericsson and Sony matter, I don't think the latter has bought the former but it's simply a joint venture in the mobile phone business. I stand open to correction however.

Edited by Mackie