Gouki

What music do you use to break in?

Windows media player 9 can do so. Nevertheless, its recommended to burn in 4 days to ensure full burn in. Well, if you burn in 4 days, that 5 secs won't matter that much (if, at all, they matter).

Hey thanks for the advice, but 4 days??? I thought 3 24 hour periods should be sufficient as recommended by Rameish.

the more burn-in the better.

Some even swear by .. 200 hrs of break-in? phones like AT especially.. they need lots and lots of alots of break in hr because of the wooden enclosure.

Anyway, I think you can skip the amp. CD3000 is very easily driven even without one, and I don't think you need amp if you are just using it for casual listening. mp3 is a no way to go , IMO wink.gif

Maybe if you rip all your albums in lossless format...

biggrin.gif i still breaking in my W1000 after one month lol.gif

i think they are sounding better & better, or maybe thats just in my head w00t.gif

IMVHO, HP or any sound eqpt will keep on breaking in if u keep on using it, with new songs and new music.

try not to blast it too loud. my sony e888 developed driver problems after i burned it using too high volume. both of them are using biocellulose paper so be careful there ok? a $680 phone is not like a $68 one.

wonder if the R10 will suffer the same fate too since they all share something in common: biocellulose paper w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

White noise is meant to be random noise at all frequencies, right? So wouldn't that be the best thing to use for burn in? ...just my thinking unsure.gif

My new pure silver cable for the K1000 is still burning in after 2 weeks! Only a few days ago did it start to really loosen up and yes it has fixed the harshness. Must search for second-hand PSX-R now...

Hope you enjoy your new phones Gouki!! sony.gif

I read in TNT-Audio that they reccomend Prodigy's Fat of the Land album to burn in equipment. Personally I've almost never owned any brand new equipment so burn in was never an issue for me laugh.gif

Blues,

DAB tuners are cheap, 128kbps mp3 quality and hiss free, not sure if Singapore radio statios are DAB compliant already...

Tenson,

Silver cables takes a long time to burn in. Give them at least 100hrs before you judge them.

I have FAT OF THE LAND, and you're right, there's enough beat and variations to make the sony work a little harder.

BTW, how do I take care of the Sonys? I know they have biocellulose drivers in them, so do I need to keep them within room temperature? not too hot, not too cold? Can I keep it in the box when I'm not using them?

Thanks.

P.S. My next purchase..... STAX OMEGA II next year wink.gif

Edited by Gouki

stax omega II blink.gif ..

ok for sony I think there's no special way lah.. I just put them on the table sometimes. Of course you can keep them in the box.

Fishball: Yeah Singapore is already DAB ready. In fact, most major stations are in DAB. But I remember the cheapest deck DAB goes for $300 (SGD). I think the website is www.smartradio.com.sg

UPDATES.

Still breaking in the Sonys, had a peek of it (its now at the second stage-medium volume) and yeah its waaaaaay better than the Senns and Eggos and I haven't even turned it up yet. This Sony is gonna kick ass!

One thing though, it kind of feels like a bigger Eggo, which I didn't fine comfortable after a long period of time. The senns. are clearly more comfortable to my head/ears because of the velvet pads (nice) and were lighter.

The first time my friends heard/saw them they couldn't believe that it costed so much, and that it came with its own massive case.

Another day or so of breaking.....

my friend also couldn't believe I paid 500 plus for it w00t.gif

They thought it cost 50 sleep.gif ...

Well after I hooked it to my main system then they -> kicking.gifkicking.gif

biggrin.gif

White noise is meant to be random noise at all frequencies, right? So wouldn't that be the best thing to use for burn in? ...just my thinking

Tenson, U're spot on! Switch a tuner to manual tuning and veer off to a bandwidth between 2 adjacent stations to hear white noise. The advantages of using white noise for burning in of sound equipment are consistent volume and wide coverage of aural spectrum.