Sign in to follow this  
lengcm

New Toy!

Just received my new toy! The 650.....

The HFI650.. (Sorry to disappoint you guys)

Will post more of my impressions later! party.gif

Edited by lengcm

How's the initial impression going so far?

I have only heard it for 1 hr before shipping it off to Rameish for burning in. Looks like just have to wait for his impressions then.

I listened for 2 days my HFI 650 on my train ride to work and back home. Felt that the isolation not as good as my HD280pro. Sound wise at present my well run in HD280 sounds a bit better, but I think they are in the same performance class, and clearly at least a class below HD600/DT880.

Quite well made though. But I felt that coil headphone cable is more handy on the train when I want to leave my bag on the train floor.

Definitely the HFI 650 need burning in as when listen new the highs are really harsh.

Okie dokie, after 24hrs of burn in, the highs are not as harsh. However it is still petty light sounding out of the Sudgen. To give the sounds some weight, I added the 120 ohm adapter. It does bright down the brightness a little. Overall it is a nice pair of headphone for its price. However my only complain is that the mid-range sounds a little weird. It sounded kinda hollow to me. Anyway will burn it in a little more before posting more impressions.

Well for S$160 it aint all that bad. I felt it was good enough for me to get one since Lengcm hijacked my firt pair LOL. I'm letting this 2nd pair run in again as I retuned Leng's pair. Will give some impressions next week.

The pads are made of durable PVC (similar to the DT-150). Isolation wise it's better than the PX-200 but not as good as V6 (I think). This headphone has potential but I'll reserve my comments till the brun in is complete (150 hours).

Sounds interesting, how many sets does El Scorcho have left?

When I order from him last week he told me he has 4 sets left. Suggest you PM him to reserve 1 pair. AT $160 I think it is a very good price.

If lengcm has one & Rameish another, that means 2 left. I really should wait for my DT150 to arrive 1st! I'm hoping it will be here by this weekend. luck.gifluck.gifluck.gif

Pls keep the orders coming, plenty more for the good ole' price of $160, I might consider to bundle the HFI 650 and HFI-2000 (Brand New) for $250, But I Only have 1 unit of the HFI2000.

Cheers