Sign in to follow this  
lengcm

More HD650 rantings

ok i did quite a fair bit of reading at head-fi today and it seems like the clou red cables are a match made in heaven for the phones. Quite a few waxing lyrical about it in this setup.

Clou Red? can you provide a link to that thread? Can't seem to find it

ooops in my haste i kept remembering N@Z's pics and hence the clou red...

its actually the cardas cable and the thread is by Geek

here is the link...

Thanks Rameish. The wait/stalk begins...

ok i did quite a fair bit of reading at head-fi today and it seems like the clou red cables are a match made in heaven for the phones. Quite a few waxing lyrical about it in this setup.

Clou Red? can you provide a link to that thread? Can't seem to find it

ooops in my haste i kept remembering N@Z's pics and hence the clou red...

its actually the cardas cable and the thread is by Geek

here is the link...

hmmm there is a huge difference... one cable is in red and the other is in smurf blue.....

If you like the Senn HD-600 and Beyer DT-880 you'll probably like the HD-650. Is it worth it? Well, if you're a "Best Buy" kinda guy then go for the HD-580. If not then the HD-650 is certainly one of the contenders. I kie it but it's sound is differnet from the HD-600. It has more weight, losses the top end brightness of the HD-600, has more legato than the 880, and goes deeper than the 600.

My 2¢

In addition the HD650 has less air than the HD600. I have not heard a electrostatic setup before but according to my conversation with the 600 sounds more like a electrostat while the 650 sounds more like a dynamic headphones.

Anyway still burning in the headphones...will give it another 300 hrs more party.gif

Specifically? So does the equinox cable swaps easily on to the HD650?

Naz, yes it can be easily swapped.

It has less air? Bummer.

It has less air? Bummer.

yup less air. If you approach the HD650 as an improvement to the HD600 you will be utterly disappointed.

I know HC but it's beginning to become a drag to have so many cans. It's not so bad when they's from different manufacturers.

AH ok, that got me thinking, how does it sound compared with the DT150?

I know for sure that the Cardas, Equinox, Russ Andrews and Zu Mobius (with new connectors) fit the HD650. Of the 4 cables I listed, I like the Equinox paired with the HD650 the best at this point in time. The Zu Mobius has alot of potential but I have not had time to really listen to that pairing.