FookLai

Looking for new headphone

Well, I dun really have any experience with KSC 35/50/55 but technically you are right, they are all of the same driver, I think...(based on its tech spec)

I do have experience with ear-clip headphones like the KSC 50, except my is Sony's

For that it may all boils down to one thing, COMFORT.

Take a look at this thread:

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....a+pro+vs+KSC+50

Any the first Koss I gotten is the Porta Pro ad is still satisfy with it.

I really enjoy the "Comfort Level" adjustment on it.

Later...

headphone.gif

It's all down to price & which design you like now since audition is out of the question, if they are anything like the sound of the KSC-35 it should sound quite good.

OT: blackadder, cool avatar!

Thanks for your comment...... Do you find PX200 comfortable to wear???

Fook Lai

It's depends on your ears, for me, I fell a bit pain after one hour of use, but it gets better over this week.

If I were you, I would avoid koss for outside use, because it totally open, you need to listen at a higher volumn, that will damage your hearing and it's not recoverable, I do treasure my hearing, everybody try my phone while I'm listening will jack up the volumn wink.gif

anyone know where sell Koss except Huang Brother? Tomorrow going to buy..... N@Z, I will put down the price to that thread after ask smile.gif

Fook Lai

koss headphones are found in many sls shops, depend on what specific model

hung perhaps has the widest range but do check around for the best price

yeap.. I saw quite a few shops carrying them.. but still hungbros has the widest range.

Hungbros price is alright.. if you know the people well laugh.gif

N@Z, glad you like the eggos. wait till word gets round head-fi how much they are here, then we'd have a sudden influx of members happy.gif fooklai, if you ask me, style+sound+reasonable portablity=Eggos D66 no question yes.gif

thank you thank you thank you party.giftongue.gifheadphone.gif

Hi all, thanks for all the input. I bought the Koss Porta Pro in the end. Like the style and looks of the Porta pro over KSC 50/55. The sound initially is a bit harsh and bommy, now after running one hour is better, not so harsh and boomy. I think the only downside for me is it is not so pocketable. And maybe a bit bommy in certain poor recording MP3, I felt that this wont change after run in...... But I will keep running them and see how..... Overall, it is a very nice headphone, and it is getting better every moment....

Fook Lai

PS. I am listening now tongue.gif

Edited by FookLai

congrats on the new cans Fooklai. btw, just curious, why'd you choose the porta pros over the pretty Eggos?

congrats on the new cans Fooklai. btw, just curious, why'd you choose the porta pros over the pretty Eggos?

Thanks smile.gif I cannot make comparison because I got no chance to audition both of them. I know their price are pretty close(actually both below $100 which is my budget). Both of them received fairly good review over the web, hence their sound shouldnt be too bad afterall. Therefore, the only comparison I can make is the size from the my eye. The Prota Pro looks smaller before I open it, but after opened it I found it is still quite big even after folde(not so pocketable like sony). Anyway, I am still listening to it now, it is getting better...... I made a comparison between it with Grado SR60, the result lead me to believe it is in different level. However, I am still quite satisfy with it for the money I paid and the feature it can provide when Grado cannot.

Hopefully running more will let it getting better.....

Fook Lai

Edited by FookLai

sure.. let them run in for at least 3 full day - 1 week.

I usually plug my new headphone to my computer and play mp3 , set to repeat.

hehee.. and then take them off and listen to them from time to time to notice the improvement

just curious, why did you choose it over the ksc50/55? tongue.gif

sure.. let them run in for at least 3 full day - 1 week.

I usually plug my new headphone to my computer and play mp3 , set to repeat.

hehee.. and then take them off and listen to them from time to time to notice the improvement

just curious, why did you choose it over the ksc50/55? tongue.gif

simply because most of the user review prefer porta pro over KSC 50 in the web. I wont buy KSC 55 in the first place because of cannot foldatable.... I know cannot choose in this way without comparing myself but too bad none of the shop can let me audition them....

Fook Lai