Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

DIY Mint-Meta/Cmoy Variant

stack buffers will be overkill for my meta , i think i'll just stay away from the 16ohm cans, and tweak the amp a little more, i found adding a 47ohm resistor on the output side improved the distortion, that means still need to tweak.

so the low impedance phones is drawing too much current?

i hear the distortion only during the heavy bass parts, vocals and other instruments sounds ok.

well slowly explore your amp at least is your hard work !! laugh.gif

i hav since done up a new signal section following the exect values on tangents site for the mint-meta, with this board i'm back at the same problem when i build my first Cmoy wacko.gif it has a hissing/raining sound in the background hammer.gif

the gain is also too high, although the disstortion is greatly reduced, the static background sound is there even with high impedance headphones

is the static there when playing?

i remember reading somewhere in head-fi that improper grounding may cause of static... maybe try insulating the base and check the grounding again?

i think my grounding is ok, and i place the amp on a wooden board when testing.

the grounding on my new layout is actually more simple then the original Cmoy, its all on the top end of the board & it doesn't run under the op-amp

how is your CHA47 coming along Qoo?

To a grinding halt... no.gif

Financial miscalculation caused me to stop midway through planning. I didnt get my full pay for my last month in NS. I only recieved a fraction of it so that put a big spanner in the gears. I hope that once my school starts i will be able to save up enuff for the parts and use the school lab to build it. blush.gif

moved the led to the side to giv the switch more room

post-2-1071857634.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

cool ! nice D.I.Y .. leave some more impression on this amps here ! happy.gifinnocent.gif

You should really post your work on Head-fi/headwize's DIY forum. You're building the MINT META without a prefab board!

I notice you don't have any volume pots on your amps. I'm sure it works fine on your portable source's headphone out but how do you use it with a line-out?

You should really post your work on Head-fi/headwize's DIY forum. You're building the MINT META without a prefab board!

I notice you don't have any volume pots on your amps. I'm sure it works fine on your portable source's headphone out but how do you use it with a line-out?

i can't post on head-fi...don't know why, i can log-in but it prompts me a message when i try to post

for now my amps are build based on my mp3 player which doesn't hav a line out, and i don't want to carry around the pcdp when i'm outside, so didn't include a volume pot for my amps, i'm also not able to find a pot thats small enough for the mint tins...

looking at your pics make me think twice bout ordering from headsave/oversea...

Support local products.... biggrin.gif

Tropicalrips, isn't the Panasonic EVJ 50K potentiometer (as used in most mint tins) available in SG?

it still needs tweaking, still hav some bugs to iron out smile.gif

i'm not sure if its the El buffers thats causing the problem cause the original design is for the Buf634 chips, but i can't get the so8 to dip8 adaptors to try out hammer.gif