breakneck

Djs headphone...

whats your definition of a DJ-headphone?

do you mean, its got to have a lot of bass, and must block out external noise?

(sounds like a Beyer DT770 candidate? happy.gif)

heh.. yeha.. seriously.. dj headhone.. dt770 should be one of the top.

I see alot of djs using senn hd250-II also.. especially the Perfect 10 98.7 fm djs..

Coz I see from their live videocam ehhee...

it's not a bad phone.

hd25 is also a good phone.. but it's not full sized.. so I suppose it can't block as well as the other 2.

How about the sony mdr-v6 ?I've seen them worn by alot of djs too

DJ headphones normally need single driver monitoring hence a swiveling enclosure option would be useful. Hence the Sony MDR-V6 (7***) Your current headphones I understand is also quite good for monitoring. They also look exceptionally well built & designed. I like the twin headband. Alot more secure on the head, like the eggos. Great if you're a DJ who is quite 'active'.

heh.. yeha.. seriously.. dj headhone.. dt770 should be one of the top.

I see alot of djs using senn hd250-II also.. especially the Perfect 10 98.7 fm djs..

Coz I see from their live videocam ehhee...

it's not a bad phone.

hd25 is also a good phone.. but it's not full sized.. so I suppose it can't block as well as the other 2.

How about the sony mdr-v6 ?I've seen them worn by alot of djs too

actually not true...ur be surprise how much outside noise the HD-25 block out... headphone.gif

Where did you get them & How much were they?

Good Afternoon breakneck laugh.gif .

Sony V700DJ. headphone.gif

Where did you get them & How much were they?

i got them in a shop at sim lim...can't remember the shop name oredi...got them 4 $265...tats the best price i can get... all the other shop are around $300-$360...

Edited by breakneck

I tried the hd25 before... the sound quality is quite good

I tested them at hung bros, sim lim

I would get it purely for sleeping phone though, coz the cup is not big and hence my head can lie comfortably on the pillow.

I'm not really into DJ cans, but the Ultrasone HFI-650 (Trackmaster/DVD Edition) is a possible consideration if you are looking for good isolation. But do note that these cans are rather heavy and the cord is pretty long (3m); they give 'Panic' by The Smiths a new meaning.

Another alternative is the Beyer DT-150. Very neutral sounding and built like a tank (very ugly though). Also provides good isolation. The cups can't be rotated around though.

The Sony MDR V6 (7506) is also good but since you have the Senn HD-25 would you mind telling us what is it that's not working out with the Senn? That way some of us may be able to point you in the right direction.

Telling us the budget helps as well.

I wouldn't recommend Grado as they are open design and probably won't suit your purposes.

Hi,

what about HD200 ? Has anyone tried it, whether better than Beyers DT-150 or Sony's V6 ? Its white colour may not suite everyone though.

Rameish,

EMP....do you know where it can be purchased here (new or used)? I have also auditioned G&W T2A (RMB2k), it sounded very smooth with good timbre quality. Want to know who is selling here too. wink.gif