Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

I love cars man

I too wasn't much of an Alfa fan, until I made the "mistake" of taking the 156 for a test drive and was bitten by the serpent. Hard to explain in words, it just gives you a bit of a rush. crazylaugh.gif

all 156 sold in s'pore are selespeed version right?

wonder how's the gearchange compared with normal manual and automatic transmission?

in terms of smoothness and speed?

augustineRS, post photos of your car man!

I only have a EG6, nothing much to show, pretty stock on the exterior too.

Nothing much to show. sleep.gif

Never mind, mine is stock too! I'll take some newer photos of mine soon.

I've tried the early generation Selespeed. It's not as smooth as a normal self-shifter under normal driving, you do feel the shift points as tiny jerks but the advantage is during spirited driving where the shifts are near perfect 100% of the time compared with a human. Bare in mind that a computer controlled hydraulic system is doing all the clutch & throttle blips for you not a torque converter! The sound it makes during downshifts is especially enthralling!

Not all, there were a handful of manuals. Also the GTAs are manual.

Gear changes are smooth, not as smooth as VTI auto trans or Lexus, but smooth enough. The advantage is that it is a manual gearbox, ie you don't lose as much to the auto trans, and both your hands are on the wheel almost all the time. Over 5K rpm, the gear shifts are <0.7s, as fast as any manual.

Problem is that the selespeed function has its quirks, so there's some wear and tear after some trips to the track, so you have to get used to it. What I'm trying to say is that you have to give it TLC, and in return, you get a fun driving experience.

Of course your EVO is in a diff class altogether, and diff price range as well.

user posted image

No pics of my car yet, but a pic of my dream.A Yellow Spoon S2000! wub.gif

Not with those decals though.

This is a full track ready coversion minus the hard top.

Noitce the roll cage and of course the ENDLESS version of EVO in the background

One thing i like bout japanese car,

they not called Rice Rockets for nothing(remember the first Fast & Furious)

biggrin.gif

Give me a 993 model (aircooled) Porsche 911 Turbo anytime. Preferably in red (911 looks good in any colour really) with license registration "666" in it. Woyah!!!

user posted image

user posted image

what about the recent launch of Pagani Zonda in Singapore with 2 CONFIRMED orders.

40 in the world only 2 allocated to Asia.And S'pore already 2 confirmed orders.

At a cool breeze of S$2 mil....

user posted image

user posted image

I do like the rear end alot. wub.gif

Moi will never dished out $$$ for this cars!!!(if i have them in the 1st place tongue.gif )

BanZai to Rice Rockets!!!

Subaru Legacy GT

240bhp 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo charged boxer engine

5 speed triptonic auto transmission, 0-60mph = sub 6sec

Frameless door windows

Twin exhausts

McIntosh ICE (?)

17" wheels (18" optional)

Wing mirror integrated turn indicators

Saloon or...

user posted image

... estate?

Looks good in the pictures, but in real-life the Liberty looks a little bland IMHO. The McIntosh ICE refers to the sound system IIRC (made by the American McIntosh brand).

Now THIS is a beautiful car biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Cheers,

Mike

One of my favourite car.

But sadly it is no longer in production and it has a limited number in Singapore

Honda Beat!

user posted image

666cc mid mounted rear wheel drive babe!

Edited by augustineRS

Ack! Is that the replacement SLK? OoooK laaa... from the side looks like a proper roadster. I think I'm sanitized by the awesome SLR!

Anyhoo... have to go with bland & practical now, family committments what? If single can lor... what about the 406/206 HDi (turbo diesels) anyone owns one? Tried the 406 damn good drive for a diesel never been a big fan pf Pugs but always found them to have good handling/ride balance & decently powerful engines.

For those of you who still think Diesels are slow...

Sprint

Petrol Golf GTI (150bhp) vs Turbo Diesel Golf TDI (130bhp)

For those of you who still think Diesels are slow...

Sprint

Petrol Golf GTI (150bhp) vs Turbo Diesel Golf TDI (130bhp)

By the way, I think generally, the newer diesels are faster and more fuel efficient. Not to mention that the diesel is cheaper in SG in the first place.

But we an slowly wait a long long time for non-commercial diesel cars in singapore. Pollution wise, wun happen. And the tax on diesel is too low.

I'm not sure what you meant about pollution wise but the general thought that diesels are dirtier is a popular misconception. It visibly spews out more/larger exhaust particulates however the toxic gases are less hazzardous compared with petrol emissions (in general). Plus since diesel exhaust particulates are larger, it is less likely to pass straight into your lungs as they get caught by your nose. If you've ever been to London or any major conjested cities you'll know what I mean! Eyeewww!!!