Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Headphone stand

haha i joking only la !! .... .... but count me in for one !! happy.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3

You can get me those chunky ikea chopping blocks!

Ooi....be forwarned. The chopping block is pretty heavy and seems like U will need three. Are U sure U're able to lug it back?

Oh yes, I'm very firm on the banana hooker (pun intended)!!!! lol.gif

I'll take 2, one for my wireless cans and the other for my preciousssss......

Edited by Mackie

I'll have 2 if its not too troublesome. Just a suggestion, if its too many to bring over you can ship it over instead and we all share the cost.

Ignore mine if you find it to troublesome.

Lek, I'll see if I can 'Bantai' Mat to help out. Otherwise it should be ok if none wants to take my Nak (see FS forum). The only problem I envisage is whether I can find enough. That's 5 already so far.

Mack, hopefully I won't be getting anything else as I will only be bringing back the DL Lab Rack. How heavy is each chopping board anyway? 3kg? BTW what/which is the precious? Or should I already know the answer? wink.gif

Mac, is there a proper stand for the Beyer? huh.gif

cmk: I wouldn't be looking if there's one for Beyer. Except for a Sony Eggo D66SL, all my cans are Beyer.

Mack, hopefully I won't be getting anything else as I will only be bringing back the DL Lab Rack. How heavy is each chopping board anyway? 3kg? BTW what/which is the precious? Or should I already know the answer? 

Each block is about 3-4Kg conservatively. Gotta weigh it to be sure. My preciouuss........too much LOTR.........actually, I mean my DT990/150 for DT880 is already housed in a nice aluminium box.

How much does it cost BTW? If it's not expensive I'll get all 3 in one go.

wow, so innovative, using a banana stand as headphone stand.. what a wonderful idea....

interesting.. banana stand....haha biggrin.gif

well unless we can find a real stand for hanging headphone !! lor ! happy.gif

Update:

So far I couldn't find anything else around the same price or looks as nice as the one I bought. The place where I got the stand from has exactly 5 pieces left unfortunately a few have some slight marks & a few very slight rust marks on them so I didn't buy them straight away in case you guys have some issues with that. I suppose they can be polished off. I'll take a photo of the mark which also can be seen on mine. It looks a little like a welded joint which has been polished smooth over.

Oh I made a mistake with the price it's actually $4.50 not $4 as when I bought mine I thought it was $4.05.

mellow.gif

As long as it won't rust until the whole stand falls apart, or the welded part wont break off laugh.gif , I'm OK with it. No prob!

Not a very clear shot but this gives you an idea what the mark looks like & yes the slight rust is at the same location on the other stands & can be removed by buffing with a polish.

DSCN1596.jpg

Hi N@z, umm is this chopping block purchase related to some farout headphone tweak/accessory or you're just looking into some culinary pursuits as well?

Pardon my ignorance wacko.gif !!!

Scriberex. The concerned Ikea chopping blocks (professional butcher types) make very good isolation boards; better than conventional MDF.