Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Headphone stand

Giggles... that's interesting! Last night I was smiling to myself for going through the kitchenware section when I normally never intentionally go through there.

Actually the chopping board will go on the new DR Labs I will be getting soon:

user posted image

Photos courtesy of Audio Note SG

user posted image

Fooling around with the camera again... from the 1st photo that is roughly what you see with the naked eye. This is what a good macro shot yields! It looks worse that it actually is though.

On closer inspection, it doesn't appear to be a weld joint more like a 'pinch'.

DSCN1602.jpg

Edited by N@Z

A short OT..........this might not be a can stand but it's a stand for equipment.........Ikea chopping block lies underneath MF A3CD cdp.

post-2-1074041271.jpg

I've found the Ikea Chopping Boards a wee bit too small for the DR Labs Racks.

The rack roughly measures about 22inch by 22 inch fully extended - one length of the wooden arm is about 1ft.

Naz, better take some measurements then. Make sure it's the "Butcher's board" for the conventional ones are pretty small.

If it can fit the Cayin & my 9"x7"x2" DAC. My CDP can sit directly on the rack's supports. Hopefully it can support the combined weight of the chopping blocks, amp & CDP which all are heavy items.

Back on track, if you guys are still on for the stands, I will buy them tonight/tomorrow.

Cleaned the store where I went of the banana stands tonight! My son asked why I needed so many! LOL! One day he will learn!

Ooo... I'll try looking in the same shop whether they have restocked any more. So far other branches has turned up nil.

I did see a fairly large 2 tier stainless steel portable clothes hanger which could be used by someone with 'more than a few' headphones to hang. It's pretty tall so you can dangle the cables rather than looping them. More suitable for headphones with cables coming out on one side of the driver instead of both. At one time I probably would have found this useful! wink.gif

Anyone else interested in the hangers? Maybe I try to get more in one go since there were a few people at the Meet who showed interest in them.

Rameish, if it's not too much trouble, can you get me 2 ikea chopping blocks like the one Mackie uses.

Sure, keep your finger's closed so that I can find more. I'll add yours to the list. Note they cost $4.50 each from the last time I bought them. Dirt cheap!