Sign in to follow this  
xiaobuaya

headphones for travelling(buses)

err i'm using mx500 with my portable player now but the thing is the bus engine noise always drowns out my music mad.gifno.gif

so looking for err those street style of headphones which i can listen to my music on buses and mrt ? .. those closed ones issit ?

looking for reccomendations

budget is less than 80 ? laugh.gif

thanks

edit : sorry if theres been many topics about this before, planning to buy later hopefully

Edited by xiaobuaya

You might want to try the Koss ksc-55. It's neckband streetstyle and the sound quality is unbeatable at <$70.Btw, it costs around $45 if I am not wrong. Check out the price sticky again smile.gif

Another good one I'd recommend is the sennheiser px200.. which is available for slightly under 100.

It would be best if you can attend our upcoming SG headphones meet. I am sure ksc-55 and px200 among others would turn up. Then you can try to your heart's content and decide later on, as I think some shops prohibit the auditioning of certain headphones(like koss etc due to their sealed nature?).

EDIT: oh yeah btw I have to tell you that for me, I will not turn the volume up in order to fight the ambient noise. I will just have to stay put when going through tunnels and all. The main thing is to preserve your hearing while at the same time be able to enjoy the music. Of course like absolute0 says, it would be best if you can stretch your budget further to get those ear canals phone, which will really isolate quite a large amount of noise.But if you're hard on budget, then I think those sennheiser px200 which are closed will do their job.

Edited by Blues

None of the street style isolates (blocks out ambient noise) AFAIK. The only isolating earbuds within your budget are the Sony EX51/70/71SL, though they are not highly recommended due to their exaggerated bass. You can definitely benefit from the Shure E2/3's (

First off you should really do a search as the answers are all here.

Since isolation is important to you you would need some kind of closed headphone or inear buds. Unfortunately in your budget not much is available that offer isolation and good sound. The Koss mentioned above does no isolate very well and you would have the same problem as your MX-500. The Koss sits pretty close to your ear but like the MX-500 does not isolate. The closes thing that offers some isolation within your budget is the Senn PX-200. In ear types to go for would be the Ety but they are beyond your budget. I personally do not like the Sony EX70 but some have reported mods that improve the sound (do a search please it's in here somewhere).

cheers

thanks for the input..

i'm just a student and not much of an audiophile so the mx500 is good enough for me now other than the fact that the bus engine noise will interrupt my music laugh.gif

dont have any money for those >100 ones tongue.gif .. maybe i'll check out the px200

was in a rush coz planning to buy today.. coz i'm not free tomorrow.. sorry i didnt search much.. thanks

Edited by xiaobuaya

px200

tried it at a previous sgheadphones meet

sound was ok

just that the pads did not cover my ears

they sort of rest on them

other recommendations

beyer dt231

senn hd202

got to reach near $200 to get more isolation

sony mdr-v6

shure e2

gonna throw a curve ball here, what about koss the plug?

cheap isolation, but how is the sound?

KOSS Plug sound is okay, but pretty bassy and the stock foamies sux!Look more like the black current flavour Ricolas

I would use it with Ety foamies for betta isolation.

If sound quality isn't such a big issue, get the koss plug with ety foamies from Hung Bros,

think total is less than $50.