Northern Oak

my new source!

lol... I love your last statement man.

This is like what rameish always says, "enjoy the music"

Last time, I wasted months surfing the head-fi, keep trying to figure out the next headphone purchase. I kept drooling at cd3000, w100, w1000, at100ti, a1000 and more...

but now that I look back on it.. I was so silly.

Now I enjoy pure audio bliss out of my dt770pro and even my 40 dollars koss ksc-35!!

I couldn't believe it. But , all you have to do is, close your eyes, immerse yourself in the music and you will be in extasy.

Forget about the cans. DOn't concentrate on the cans.. instead, enjoy the music. Even the 20 dollars cheapo cans will soothe you when you are feeling down.

Some may think that these people are ignorant. But, considering the fact that some people go to the extent of keep purchasing new heaphones and amps just to upgrade and upgrade.. it doesn't get anywhere. Ultimately, you will get frustrated. Instead, why not, sit back, relax, and ENJOY the Music.

Lol.. my post seems a bit harsh.. but this is the reality and sad fact.I have to admit I was the victim of the upgradeitis.. how juvenile could I get.. lol.Don't repeat the same mistake.

Cheers.

just tell that to ablaze and he'll strangle you. hehe. but just look how he is now. long and expensive route but in the end satisfying.

Lol!!

do I look like I am targeting ablaze?

No!!! (yes!! -> arghhh my alter ego!! blush.gif )

I am dead....

lol... nay, my point is, whatever it is, going by headphone, amp then source will definately end up the same as source amp headphone.

I'm abit confused over here. I thought the veiled performance is suppose to make it more real=> better, but everyone make it sound like its horrible.

ok lah, don't make me paiseh blush.gif

but what can I say..stumbling upon something that could sound so much better than what I already have, looking all over the place for it, finding a great deal for it, buying it, eagerly checking the tracking page every other hour, waiting to see, with trepidation, to see if its all you hoped for..its all very thrilling w00t.gif hehe

evil-zen: hey, btw, has your V2 shipped?

I'm abit confused over here. I thought the veiled performance is suppose to make it more real=> better, but everyone make it sound like its horrible.

have you heard it Oakie? (oakie..hehehe..)

I find the veil is nice if you solely listen to it, but as long as you have other cans in your posession, you can't help but notice there's just something "missing" in the sound. well, ok, not everyone might notice that, but for me, I couldn't live with it after a while.

yeap.. maybe it's because your cd3000's nature is more revealing, as opposed to the senn. When I auditioned my beyer and hd600, I didn't notice it at all.

I think ppl will get tired typing out northern oak and oakie sounds fine to me as well. No prob.

Haven't got chance to hear it, see if Guyferd is willing or not? (Hint hint) yes.gif

lol.. yeap!! oakie is nice.. can change nick one or not huh?

if can, n oak to oakie is great!! sounds abit like 'oakley' to me ..lol lol.gif

hhoho... hear which one? (me very slow in catching hints one lol..) w00t.gif

you mean the hd600?

I think I am getting them soon biggrin.gif

hehe..oakie. so girly biggrin.gif okok, call you Oak smile.gif

oh yeah, forgot Mackie sold his already. Rameish's got one too. thought you would've checked it out when you checked out (or going to?) check out the cordas..

Going to, haven't contact Rameish yet but should be this Saturday, need to go Ikea as well to get chopping board for my CDP.

Back from Japan, so quarantine first, Rameish got young daughter, you know.

Edited by Northern Oak

lol... you declare youself home quarantine ah?

ic..

ok... but it would have been nice if you got some nice headphones from japan. If not for the aunties rite.. who were not interested in electronics lol.gif

yea i agree with ablaze that with the senn 600, u just have to notice that there's something missing and keep comparing with other phones. once the veil is there, you'll not have the warm fuzzy feeling that your phones are competing with the best.

notice the irony of warm fuzzy which kind of describes the senn 600 sound. lol.gif

edit: yep i 'think' it has shipped. antness said this week and looks like many v2s are shipped already. mine has additional loop out for my speaker system and it certainly slowed down the speed which the v2 is getting to me.

Edited by evil-zen

that;s why I say, enjoy the music.not the phone

if you keep comparing your phones with others out there, like w1000, cd3000, rs-1, your upgrade will never end, coz there will always be something out there. even if you've got mdr-r10, you will find that the bass has not much kick(acc to many users). so nothing is perfect.The same for stax I believe, expensive as they can be, but they are not perfect.

stop comparing and just enjoy the music.