Northern Oak

my new source!

zen: when was it shipped? hope you get yours. I've got tubes from the US..3 weeks already, and still no sign of it. another item from Canada 8weeks plus still didn't show up (probably lost argh). both airmail. oh yeah, be sure to post your impressions when you get it yes.gif

alright i'm getting fed up. just talked to antness via irc and he said he is shipping them out on monday. i'm the only one with loop out added and he sure took his time. the last time i bought something from us, it took 1 week? damn fed up with the v2 saga. 2 months overdue and i could have grooved away to rameish's ha-2 long time back. they better be good.

just talked to him again. antness said he holds the international orders back first as it would be easier to fix units locally if there is any problem. the only problem is antness keeping his mouth shut and not telling people what he is doing and ended up being accused for nothing like sovkiller. hehe. alright im less pissed off now.

lol.. yeap!! oakie is nice.. can change nick one or not huh?

if can, n oak to oakie is great!! sounds abit like 'oakley' to me ..lol  lol.gif

hhoho... hear which one? (me very slow in catching hints one lol..) w00t.gif

Actuall, the Oak really did came from Oakley as I'm a big fan of them as well. Swear by them everyday, except raining weather these days so didn't get to use it.

hint: future Senn 600

Edited by Northern Oak

yea i agree with ablaze that with the senn 600, u just have to notice that there's something missing and keep comparing with other phones. once the veil is there, you'll not have the warm fuzzy feeling that your phones are competing with the best.

notice the irony of warm fuzzy which kind of describes the senn 600 sound. lol.gif

edit: yep i 'think' it has shipped. antness said this week and looks like many v2s are shipped already. mine has additional loop out for my speaker system and it certainly slowed down the speed which the v2 is getting to me.

evil-zen: congrats on your Gilmore V2 and hope you get them soon. I think the V2 saga is taking its toll on head-fi already, just wish everyone would get their V2. It just adds deterrence in ordering from overseas DIY kit-makers.

Guyferd: Yes, declared own home quarantine, just in case.

lol.. yeap!! oakie is nice.. can change nick one or not huh?

if can, n oak to oakie is great!! sounds abit like 'oakley' to me ..lol  lol.gif

hhoho... hear which one? (me very slow in catching hints one lol..) w00t.gif

Actuall, the Oak really did came from Oakley as I'm a big of them as well. Swear by them everyday, except raining weather these days so didn't get to use it.

hint: future Senn 600

so your nick means you're an Oakley wearer living in the North? biggrin.gif

I swear by Oakley specs too cool.gif

lol.. oakley specs are nice!!!

but their prices are nice too ohmy.gif

ablaze: You are spot on!!! The nick actually came when a group of SG Oaks fans were trying to form a local user group, so I got myself the Northern (Woodlands) Oak(ley fan).

Their prices are a bit overbearing but still okay. Aiming for their Mag Switch Ti ... but not before I get the Beyerdynamics DT880

post-2-1051854988.jpg

oh yeah, forgot Mackie sold his already. Rameish's got one too. thought you would've checked it out when you checked out (or going to?) check out the cordas..

Yeah, i sold my HD600 when I first joined this forum to a member here but he did not tell me his nick. Young chap....still in high school or college I think. Will the person please own up for ID? unsure.gif

ablaze: You are spot on!!! The nick actually came when a group of SG Oaks fans were trying to form a local user group, so I got myself the Northern (Woodlands) Oak(ley fan).

Their prices are a bit overbearing but still okay. Aiming for their Mag Switch Ti ... but not before I get the Beyerdynamics DT880

and there I was thinking Northern Oak was with reference to some mythical character in Dungeons & Dragons or warcraft or something (remember those huge walking trees) happy.gif

I swear by Oakley frames. they cost more, but they're the only prescriptive frames that have a virtually lifetime warranty, and resale value biggrin.gif

True, but I never managed to coax myself in selling my Oaks. Did you get those casings as well, they are well made but a bit bulky. Infact, most frames have lifetime warranty, a fren of mine repaired his frame for free but the len change cost a bomb.

The Juliet X-Metal Ruby Lens was IMO the most overpriced eyewear I ever saw, just becos' of the X-Men movie, the company priced it at well over S$300 than usual. Actually, you can just get a normal Juliet and change to Ruby lens (about S$120) and still save money and be cool!!!

In isolation I'd probably don't know what everone is talking about the veil on the HD600. However having listened to them back to back on the same system, same CD Vs. the RS-1 yes it is there. Having said that though it's not the end of the world, it sounds great especially with a tubed amp it brings out the midrange. Point is, if you like the sound why worry?

True, but I never managed to coax myself in selling my Oaks. Did you get those casings as well, they are well made but a bit bulky. Infact, most frames have lifetime warranty, a fren of mine repaired his frame for free but the len change cost a bomb.

The Juliet X-Metal Ruby Lens was IMO the most overpriced eyewear I ever saw, just becos' of the X-Men movie, the company priced it at well over S$300 than usual. Actually, you can just get a normal Juliet and change to Ruby lens (about S$120) and still save money and be cool!!!

I agree with u.

I got juliet but it's the normal one