Sign in to follow this  
Firefox

Point to point soldering

I think a lot of people had no clue what point to point soldering was when av98m posted the pictures of the Premium Grado RA-1 Clone I built for him.

Here are shots of an example.

post-2-1076163925.jpg

post-2-1076163925.jpg

Edited by Firefox

that is very very neat soldering work - i wish my joints looked as neat biggrin.gif

Not that's what I call showing off! LOL! Very impressive dude! Hardly any solder on the joints! This is why you should do more DIY commission work so that more people get to see your expertise.

Not that's what I call showing off! LOL! Very impressive dude! Hardly any solder on the joints! This is why you should do more DIY commission work so that more people get to see your expertise.

Sure.. I just need someone to pull me out of this sh*thole that's wasted a year of my life already....

OT:while alot of ppl went thru that sh*thole....

anyway, great job, at least now i know what it meant by point to point soldering.

if only i know how to solder like this.....

Amazing job man!

Ive also recently been very encouraged to go DIY myself. Apparently in my class, im the neatest and fastest soldering guy! Hahaha! Of course i am soooo sooo far away from what u see in the pics! Kudoz Firefox!

It depends. I use either a fixed temperature 380'C Goot iron or my Goot 20w/ 200w soldering gun.

With the fixed temperature gun, I use WBT Silver solder as it's one of the few that work well at such a high temp. With the soldering gun, I use either Goot 2.5% silver solder or WBT silver solder.

user posted image

this is the p2p wiring i did for my Zen Lite project. its really simple to do... took me no more than 30 minutes to do. certainly beats doing it on a veroboard.

well...with less than 10 components per channel and it sounds good as hell... it be good if someone could build a set for headphones.....