Rameish

FYI - Spark Audio HA-1A (aka Cayin)

Precision Audio (Adelphi Ground Foor) will be having stock of this amp in 2 to 3 weeks time.

The Introductory Price - for the first 5 units only is S$600 + GST.

Will keep ya posted when the units arrive.

Does Precision Audio have any units in their shops for audition? Very interested in the amp but want to test it with my 931s first leh.

Edited by red_ryder

red ryder: I always abide by my rule of thumb to audition before commiting in a purchase but I've strayed off in a few occasions ie involving Cayin HA-1 and Porta Corda II. ** hint hint **

It's that G O O D! Of course, I've tried it with several Beyer cans and 931 is one of them.

Edited by Mackie

I called them up today and they said to confirm again in 2 weeks time if the shipment has arrived or not. If arrived, I'll bring down the 931s and audition in their shop before deciding.

Although I wonder if I'll still be eligible for that $600 introductory price in that case.

I called them up today and they said to confirm again in 2 weeks time if the shipment has arrived or not. If arrived, I'll bring down the 931s and audition in their shop before deciding.

Although I wonder if I'll still be eligible for that $600 introductory price in that case.

Since you call them before, call them again and ask them if you are eligible or not. During the audition remember this, the set may not fully brun-in yet so do the tudes in them. biggrin.gif

Edited by Barradio

There are 2 colour scheme available:-

1. Black chassis cover with gold rim around the peek-a-boo window of a silver fascia

2. All silver chassis cover, window rim and fascia.

Red ryder: Perhaps U could also check which of this two are being shipped.

On the contrary, I prefer all silver. tongue.gif However, U need to give it a spray of 3M Stainless Steel polisher and wipe off to reveal inner sparkle. *** ding ***

Edited by Mackie

I prefer the black chassis cover, gives it less of a PC tower look & I kinda like the gold ring 'window'. Bargain priced 3 in 1 amp!

Has anyone tried listening to his speakers rig using Cayin HA-1A as integrated or pre-amp? Naz or HPC?

Speakers out from the Cayin thru a DIYed full-range Lowther horns, sounded very good but in a horn way. Not as a preamp personally. BTW be prepared to spend alota money if you are thinking bout using it as a int. as all high-efficiency full-range horns I know will cost alot more than your regular spks.

Only my colleague has, I believe we discussed this sometime ago in the main forum.

I thee.........I will never get a chance to use it as integrated amp for my Dynaudios are BIG consumers.

Ahem...fellow mods, this is a classifieds thread lah.

Yes the intro price if for the 1st batch of 4-5 units. I think there's no colour choice involved. And yes the Cayin/Spark HA-1A will not be burnt in.

Hi Rameish, is there a need to reserve the units to get the intro price? Or just first come first served? What is the normal price do you know?